What did you do to / ride to with your Beemer today?

Have a real fondness for these old K bikes. Did my Bun Burner Gold on a 1986 K100RS with about 90,000 miles on it at the time.
Current K bike:
Very Nice! K1100? What year?

If you ever need help with the K1100RS , then get in touch.
There is a forum in Germany that only deals with the K models.
It is just like this forum here, simply world class.
This forum is also available in English. The original BMW repair instructions can be officially downloaded there, only this forum has the permission of BMW.
You have to register and write 10 posts.

flyingbrick.com

greetings holm from germany
Thank you for the information on the K-Bike Forum.

Andy.. original driveshaft? How many miles on it?
congrats on the new bike, always a fun time even if you would have preferred to push kbik a lot longer.
Joe,

Yes, it was the original driveshaft. KBiK had 138K miles and I wat. sorry to say goodbye to it as I have nine amazing years riding it in every state in the US and every province in Canada (except Nunavut). I'll be recovering it from Denver after I return from this ride. Transfer all my farkles and will then part it out.

Home safely yesterday in the early afternoon after a 550 mile ride from Alpine, TX. Love riding US 90 from Alpine to Del Rio as I think it is truly the loneliest road in the USA. Had a surpise when I had to ride through a herd of Elk west of Sanderson. I think somebodies game fence needs repairing.

Sunrise on US-90 east of Marathon, TX
2024_05_0854.jpeg

The end of my 8,552 mile ride east to North Carolina, west with the Aussies across America to Los Angeles, and finally the three day ride back to Texas.
One for the memory books!

2024-04n05 - Andy Ride.jpg

With the assistance of a riding buddy and his No Mar I mounted a new Michelin Road 5 on the rear. Balanced with just 4 grams of weight!

Well nothing exciting. Washed bike. Went on a 38 mile ride to get all the water out the nooks and crannies.

Nothing exciting here. Went to Costco. I had to put up with a couple who were drooling on my XR. They just wouldn't stop.

Chris

What did you all do?
Transmission oil change, engine oil & filter, spark plugs, air filter, valve clearance check, throttle body synchronization. Easy stuff, it’s a hexhead boxer. I usually pull off the fairing the night before and do the rest in one long morning.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom