What online source are you using for your Honda OEM parts?

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
Howdy gang,
It's been a long time since I had to order parts online for my ST1300. For those that didn't see my thread, my garage collapsed onto my ST but surprisingly didn't total it. I found some salvage parts and am repairing some parts as well. I'm going to have to order a new mirror and turn signals. I checked a couple sources - Revzilla: high prices; Service Honda: good prices but high shipping ($30+); Rocky Mountain ATV: good prices, free shipping, but long shipping times (7-10 day estimate before shipping).

Anyone have experience with a company with good prices, quick shipping, and free or low priced shipping?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jeff Jones (jonz)

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I can't help you with an online source as I am not in the US and don't order much online.

If you have a Honda dealer anywhere convenient to you, don't dismiss them out of hand. I often find them no more expensive than online sources, and when they are the total cost is often the same or less because shipping is never added over and above the price of the part.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I get a good discount from my Honda dealer but I check prices against Ron Ayers, Cycle Parts Nation, Southern Honda, etc to show them a better price. No shipping if it delivers to the dealer.

OP
OP
jonz
Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
If you have a Honda dealer anywhere convenient to you, don't dismiss them out of hand. I often find them no more expensive than online sources, and when they are the total cost is often the same or less because shipping is never added over and above the price of the part.
Closest Honda dealer is 70 miles away and I'm not headed that way anytime soon.

Another vote for Ron Ayers. Good pricing but shipping can be a little tough based on what you need. Small one-off stuff I usually go with my local dealer (50 miles away) and just get it when I’m in the neighborhood or have a friend headed that way. Bigger orders with free shipping is a no brainer with Ron Ayers!

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
Adept Powersports has always had what I needed, shipped quickly, reasonable price. I use the local dealer as well as they will come within a few bucks of internet, which is a wash when shipping is factored in.

OP
OP
jonz
Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
The Ron Ayers site is smoking fast (noticeably faster than the others) and has good prices. Most sites seem to use the same setup which I assume Honda supplies to the retailers. They all seem to have similar shipping times which are not quick - most seem to indicate the item will be shipped in 7+ days. I guess that's the disadvantage of ordering parts for a 14 year old motorcycle.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
that's weird, why such slow shipping? I haven't ordered parts in a few years, but when I did they seemed to ship within a day or two. I think most of the parts ship from some Honda warehouse anyway, not the place you're actually ordering from, so the shipping might not vary at all from one vendor to another.

OP
OP
jonz
Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
that's weird, why such slow shipping? I haven't ordered parts in a few years, but when I did they seemed to ship within a day or two. I think most of the parts ship from some Honda warehouse anyway, not the place you're actually ordering from, so the shipping might not vary at all from one vendor to another.
The way I'm assuming drop shipping used to work was the retailer sent a notice to the warehouse and your items were shipped directly to you from the warehouse. Judging by the shipping times quoted, it seems like the items might be shipped to the retailer and then shipped to the customer. That or the warehouses haven't recovered from Covid induced employee losses. Amazon seems back to normal though.

Bike
2010 ST1300
There is also Hondapartshouse.com...but I've not used them recently. When I was buying Honda parts, I did a google search for "Honda motorcycle parts" and looked at every place that came up. Some auto dealerships were selling 1300 parts, and if I had a part number, and their price was lowest (or shipping was cheapest) I bought from them. Over time I came up with half a dozen places that sold Honda parts, but most of those websites are now gone. My few saved bookmarks now only find the one I listed above, Ron Ayers, and CyclePartsNation... and David Silver Spares (last in the UK). As @dduelin said, your local dealer might be cheaper, especially when factoring in shipping. A dealership not far from me was cheapest by a few pennies, but I did not shop there for other reasons.

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
For me, it’s usually Partzilla and Babbittsonline.com…I’ve had good experiences with getting parts from both but the shipping is a little pricey (where is it not these days???). :mad:

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
I've been using parts fish (Dillon Bros.). I guess I need to run a price check since Ron Ayers keeps popping up.

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Partzilla or Ron Ayers are good most times, even with shipping to Canada. Lately though with all the world turmoil, the shipping prices have gone crazy.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I bought my '08 in beautiful condition so don't order much; Ron Ayers got my SMC to me PDQ*.

*PDQ -- Purdy Dang Quick

OP
OP
jonz
Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
Update: I ordered parts from Ron Ayers on 6/8 and got a notice the parts were shipped today, 6/12. So not as bad as they estimated. As my son (who works in internet marketing) said " customers will be happier if you under promise and over deliver than the other way around."

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
Another Ron Ayers - small orders can cost shipping making it not worth it - go to dealer or wait till a fair amount of items.

Bike
2012 GL 1800
STOC #
I have used Ron Ayers in the past. Now, I mostly use Rocky Mt. MC/ATV. You can see what parts are in stock on the parts fiche and they ship them out that day or the next. I am lucky and live 3 hours from the Payson UT Wearhouse. If I order things in the morning that are in stock, I have them the next day. The ones that take 7-10 days come from the Honda Wearhouse just like any other site or dealer that does not have the part in stock. Partzila and Babbatts prices are most always higher.

Top Bottom