What plug are these for?

Hello All, can you please let me know what are these plugs are for and where should they go? I tried to change headlight bulbs. After I unplugged the bulb then find these on each side and I have no idea where it goes back to?

Just bought this 2005 ST1300, it is new to me.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
They don't look like OEM, but do look like headlight connectors of some kind..... perhaps the previous owner had some auxiliary lights installed??
You could check the voltage at each tab, likely the middle one is a ground, but if there is voltage at two of the terminals with low and high beams on, at least you'd know that much.... since they are male terminals, they may have plugged into the OEM headlight connectors and ran somewhere else? LED conversion?? Follow the wires to see what's at the other end??

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
There are 2 of these so definitely headlight related IMO. Was a headlight modulator installed at some point? As above, follow the wires back to their origin for the answer.

OP
OP
I was thinking plug in this to the bulb first, then plug in the OEM plug on top of it since it is male just like the terminal on the bulbs.
I leave these 2x out dangling there and the headlights works perfectly fine. Maybe I should just electric tape them and tie them up so they don’t dangle there?
Thank you again for both of your inputs!

Bike
2010 ST1300
Twelve volts DC is not going to shock you, but if those are live and touch grounded metal, you will blow a fuse. Best to figure out where the wires go and either remove them or use them.

OP
OP
Thanks again gents!
it was only 9349 miles on it, and I don’t see any outside auxiliary light fixtures…I will take it to Honda dealer for VA inspection next week. And will seek a thought there as well!

Top Bottom