What Virginia Tech learned about how and why we crash our motorcycles

Bike
2010 ST1300
That the authors of the study took the time to write a dictionary specific to motorcycle culture made the article more informative. A break down of age and style would be interesting. Access to the video too of course.

Bike
06 ST1300A
STOC #
@Oldbikefixr What do you consider a deer strike? I've logged at least as many miles, yet I've had two fairly severe crashes in the last 3 years; both deer strikes. As I am healing up I'm trying to decide just how much more riding I will be doing and how to mitigate the deer.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
I think this is the report that spawned a rather long discussion on this site. Might want to search for it if you are interested. Great discussions.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
What's spooky for me is the one serious crash I had 38 years ago , was skidding into the back of a pickup truck. Made myself a list of rules to ride by . One is I'm Invisible, (don't blame the Cage for not seeing me) Two , Am I FIT to ride and is the Bike fit to ride,( sticky front Brake cable and angry at my boss caused the accident) Three, If I "have to" go somewhere I take a cage . Have added a couple recently , at controlled intersections , while waiting for the Green light stay out of the middle of the lane. And Stop and let the left turner go , so the big truck can run over it. Hope this at least helps one person from getting hurt.

Top Bottom