What's Your Favorite Wax or Polish?

ST_Jim

In the Hotel California...
Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
On these non-riding rain-stormy day's my thoughts have turned to taking out some of those little scratches that have accumulated on my beautiful BLUE gas tank.

My usual quick application of Honda's spray on polish doesn't quite cut it. What's you favorite wax and or polish for use with a 2004 BLUE ST1300?

Bike
2014 BMW 1200 GSW
STOC #
Try 5 star shine!!!

Guys,
If you would rather be riding than polishing.
Try this product , http://www.5starshine.com/

Two years ago, I put this product on my 1996 Volvo 850 (silver colour like my 03 ST1300) because I was fed up with waxing it at least 3 times a year.
Well, not only have I not waxed the Volvo in 2 years, it still sparkles and what dirt sticks usually just rinses off.
I applied it to my ST1300 and now spend more time riding and less time cleaning.
It's pricier then other waxes but the teflon sure rocks for performance.

I have not interest or affiliation with this product, I'm just a very satisfied customer.

Andy

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!
Turtlewax has a color matched product. It works really well for removing (hiding) the fine scratches, swirls, etc. It even comes with a chip stick for filling small rock chips.

I currently use the above mentioned product. When I had my black ST1100 I used a similar product from a different manufacturer. It didn't have the chip stick but it also worked very well. Black shows everything and the color matched wax left the finish looking perfect.

Ray

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
So far, I've found Kit Motorcycle Polish works great for me. Found it while wandering around Advance Auto Parts one day :smile:

Gordon

Bike
2007 ST1300 "Silby"
STOC #
Rejex! Originally designed for military aircraft! Rejex everything nothing sticks! Lasts about a year! I use it on my cars and bikes, even on plastic, windshields! Try it once it will make a believer out of you too!

Walleye

Site Supporter
Bike
99 ST 1100
For a quicky I use Orange Glow or Lemon Pledge, and that fragrant citrus smell makes it a more tolerable chore. For a wax the squeeze bottle of Nu Finish, it was even chosen best by one of those consumer testing groups, I think Consumer biased Reports. It goes on and comes off with ease, even comes off of porous plastics and rubber easily if your to sloppy. Wish they would make a citrus version.

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #
Autoglym works for me, easy on + easy off = less riding time wasted

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
I like Meguiar's M9 Mirror Glaze Swirl Remover. It is a very gentle polish that gets rid of small scratches & scuffs on both Tupperware and metal parts such as a ST 1300 fuel tank.

Tough to find in Canada (outside of auto body supply houses), but readily available at Pep Boys, Auto Zone, etc. in the USA.

Michael

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
I recently found Meguiar’s Ceramic wax. Spray it on, hose it off, and dry. I was skeptical, but it works as advertised.

John

cybervet

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 GL1800BD
I've recently discovered this stuff. The Tech Shine is a wet activated polish that you apply after washing and just hose it off. Gives a nice shine and easy to apply. They also have a conventional apply, dry and wipe off type wax you can use as an initial base.

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
On these non-riding rain-stormy day's my thoughts have turned to taking out some of those little scratches that have accumulated on my beautiful BLUE gas tank.

My usual quick application of Honda's spray on polish doesn't quite cut it. What's you favorite wax and or polish for use with a 2004 BLUE ST1300?
So if you really want to remove scratches the right way and get a deep color back invest some money in a small orbital polisher. Tape off all the black plastic edges. Then...

1. wash bike
  2. using a course foam pad and a fine compound buff out the bike (I like McGuires or Griot's)
  3. apply a good polish with a fine foam pad (I like Liquid Glass, $20 a can), let dry, and towel off
  4. apply a good carnuba wax and towel it off. Always use clean towels for each step.

If you don't have experience with a orbital polisher then do the above by hand. With a machine you can burn paint if your not careful, especially on edges of bodywork. I used to have a detail business, hope this helps.

Bike
2006 ST1300
maguires ultimate. easy on easy off, no white left behind, great on the black matte plastic. A little goes a long way.

rogo

Site Supporter
Bike
'05 ST1300
2024 Miles
I used to get Honda branded cleaner at my long gone local Honda motorcycle dealer.
I found some at my local Ace hardware.
01A5650E-5A15-4CE3-AD4F-48A396607EB0.jpeg

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
I used to get Honda branded cleaner at my long gone local Honda motorcycle dealer.
I found some at my local Ace hardware.
I used to use Nu Finish and it was pretty tedious to apply, wait to dry and then buff off, then you might have a white residue on the plastic parts.

I now use Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish and it goes on everything, does a great job. Every once in a while I use the Nu Finish for the rear of the tank cover as it does a better job of polishing and protecting the area there that gets rubbed by my jacket. People still tell me my 2002 ST1100 looks new, so this stuff does work.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
rogo said:
This is what I use. It does a great job and it's half the price or less of the Plex I used previously.

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
Keep in mind that polishes and waxes will not REMOVE scratches, like the original poster asked about. Remember what these products are designed for...

Compound = remove oxidized paint and surface scratches

Polish = clean, smooth and seal the pores in the paint

Wax = protect the polished surface

Top Bottom