Where did you ride today?

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Went out on an errand to Lowe's this morning. Went to get some red Loctite and to replenish my supply of blue Loctite (that little bottle is getting close to empty). Lowe's has a special pricing on a 2 pk with both bottles for around $16 but it is an online order only. Fastest way for me to get it is to order online and pick up in the store. Lowe's is only 1.3 miles from me. By car that is a 2.7 mile round trip. But for some strange reason my bike turned that into a 32 mile round trip!

I'm trying to get at least 6500 on the front tire before I replace it. Looks like that will happen by the next ride since right now there are 6492 miles on it. After I put the red Loctite on the trailer bearings to hold them firm I'll go out for a test ride with the trailer and definitely get between 8 to 48 or more miles added to it.

Last edited:

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
My parents lived in Tucson and then Green Valley farther south since 1992. There IS green grass in Tucson... if you spend a lot of $$$, plant the right kind of grass, and water it constantly 3 times a day. I've seen it many times.

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Just a quick 400km trip around the Coromandel Peninsular today. The roads got badly affected by last year's Cyclone Gabrielle and have not been in good shape since then, and there were still a number of traffic light-controlled one-way zones and some heavy holiday traffic. The ST made light work of the traffic and we had some good fun in the endlessly twisty roads that make this area a motorcycle magnet.
IMG_6295.JPG

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
After family daycare duties were done this afternoon I hitched up the Uni-Go and took it out for a ride. Rode just over 28 miles today. Wanted to make sure everything was right after using red Loctite on the bearings to keep them from moving in the hubs. Rode out on some medium speed roads, 35 mph up to 45 mph. Then jumped on the Interstate and ran it up to around 78 mph. The trailer was solid as a rock behind the bike. I have my left mirror adjusted so I can just see the top left side of the trailer behind me under my left arm (I just put my hand at the very end of the grip and lift my elbow and there it is) yet I can still easily see the road behind me... don't need to see much of the sky back there anyway. Then I took some county roads back to the gas station, 55 mph down to 45 then 40 mph. The trailer stayed solid and smooth behind me. There were some streaks of excess red Loctite on the wheel hub that had not cured because it was just sitting around the outside of the bearings and not pressed between the bearing and hub so I wiped that off after getting home. The wheel is solid and the bearings don't move in the wheel at all. Only the minor slack between the inner and outer races of the bearings can be felt but not seen it is so small.

Filled the tank and calculated 55.6 mpg this time.

TPadden

Tom Padden
After family daycare duties were done this afternoon I hitched up the Uni-Go and took it out for a ride. Rode just over 28 miles today....

Filled the tank and calculated 55.6 mpg this time.
I brushed my teeth, walked the dogs, dried out my camping gear, and toasted a bagel while sitting on my BMW, then sat on my Ducati and rode it to a gas station 7.8 miles away while getting about a bazillion miles per Galectic Empire Imperial Gallon. Then I thought about how I might be able to tow a lawn mower with my motorcycle; can't wait to post this afternoon's thoughts, tasks, and ride non-adventures. This really isn't Facebook or the imaginary coffee thread...:rofl1:

Tom

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
I brushed my teeth, walked the dogs, dried out my camping gear, and toasted a bagel while sitting on my BMW, then sat on my Ducati and rode it to a gas station 7.8 miles away while getting about a bazillion miles per Galectic Empire Imperial Gallon. Then I thought about how I might be able to tow a lawn mower with my motorcycle; can't wait to post this afternoon's thoughts, tasks, and ride non-adventures. This really isn't Facebook or the imaginary coffee thread...:rofl1:

Tom
I do know more than one rider who towed a kayak with his bike. I don't suppose a lawn mower would be much of an issue. :thumb:

DenAmmons

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300PA
Not much riding today but tomorrow - heading to Tombstone for a burger at Big Nose Kate's Saloon for a burger. Also, want to see the world largest Rose Tree in full bloom.
I'll post pics tomorrow.

Top Bottom