Where is everyone

Rineyville, KY (summer) Hernando Beach, FL (winter
I suspect the average age of forum riders is increasing. I am 75 and have been avoiding Covid and am being treated for bladder cancer, so my riding consists of going to the doctors' offices, and into town a few times a week. Also I have three other bikes and they need to be ridden too. I find as many excuses to ride as possible. A stop on one of my routes through the country here in north central KY.

Bike
Moto Guzzi V7 850 Sp
While riding from Rialto Beach, Washington to Penobscot Bay this past May we saw several going the other way in various states. In June, when we left St. Johns NL and headed back home, passing through Saskatchewan, I saw three in less than and hour, one more in Drumheller and two in BC as we headed for Vancouver Island. There are plenty out there.

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
I've been bicycling in OR, ID, and MT for three weeks. I've seen hundreds of Harleys, bevies of BMWs, some Connie's, gaggles of adventure bikes, and a number of Goldwings. I've seen an Africa Twin and a Burgman (with sidecar, no less).

In all that time I've seen two, count them two, ST1100s and not a single ST1300. Need I remind you that the T in ST stands for "touring"?

C'mon people, represent! Or stop bashing HDs since they're out here and you aren't, at least that I've seen. Why have a very capable touring ride if you're not going to tour on it?
Thru all of my tours, i saw mostly beemers and harleys. Rarely any st’s.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Thru all of my tours, i saw mostly beemers and harleys. Rarely any st’s.
Kinda tough to compare the number of a brand against a model. Tons of different beemers and harleys vs 2 basic versions of STs (1100/1300) not to mention Harley and BMW probably sold a ton more of their bikes than both 1100/1300 sales combined... and probably in just one year.

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Kinda tough to compare the number of a brand against a model. Tons of different beemers and harleys vs 2 basic versions of STs (1100/1300) not to mention Harley and BMW probably sold a ton more of their bikes than both 1100/1300 sales combined... and probably in just one year.
Yea, the st was late into the market place, behind the rt. Too bad. Ive had both and found the st 11 pretty nice, except for the missing power shield.

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
I've been bicycling in OR, ID, and MT for three weeks. I've seen hundreds of Harleys, bevies of BMWs, some Connie's, gaggles of adventure bikes, and a number of Goldwings. I've seen an Africa Twin and a Burgman (with sidecar, no less).

In all that time I've seen two, count them two, ST1100s and not a single ST1300. Need I remind you that the T in ST stands for "touring"?

C'mon people, represent! Or stop bashing HDs since they're out here and you aren't, at least that I've seen. Why have a very capable touring ride if you're not going to tour on it?
That was probably UP you saw on that 1100 :biggrin:

Top Bottom