Where,s your pre-load set on ST1300?

Bike
ST1300 2002
Curious to know where everyone sets there suspension on the ST1300. Assuming I am looking for 1.5 inch sag on the rear, mine hits that point with approximately 2 and 1/2 lines showing from full hard. I set my damping to approximately 1 and 3/4 turns from full hard. My weight is approximately 200-210 lbs and I generally always ride solo. If luggage or additional weight is added I raise the pre-load to suit.
So what do you set yours at for the record?

Regards
Joe

Bike
09 ST1300
STOC #
I'm 6-2, 235, and always ride solo -- at the most, a ~25lb. duffel on the back and full side cases. I have rear preload set at full hard minus about one turn.

Andy

Depends on how much dead zone is in your adjuster. Depending on how old you bike is, you may find that you have several turns from full out before you feel any pressure on the hand wheel. Mine is currently at about half way before it starts to preload.

Apparently, you can top these up with hydraulic oil if you want, by removing the adjuster valve from banjo fitting, gently pushing the piston all the way down with something non-metalic, and then topping up the valve with fluid before reattaching to the banjo clamp.

This is on my to-do list...

I've got an '04. I think over time the hose stretches a bit and some folks claim that the fluid can evaporate. Apparently, these can be rejuvinated (if they have no apparent leaks). I've got another one on my workbench to do that is for a '96 boxer.

Bike
09 ST1300A
My 09 1300A (new 5/1/10) has only 1500 miles right now, I left the pre-load set at the "STD" standard (7 clicks) position. The damper screw I turned in each direction and found that it goes a 3 full turns total, so I set it in the middle position also (at 1 1/2 turns).
I weigh 165 and it runs & rides great for me and with the wife on at 130 lbs it still seems fine and has not bottomed out yet. I have only tickled the lower triple digits a couple times ( without :D the wife onboard) and the bike was stable. I'll need more time & experience in the saddle (and a safe enclosed course) before pushing it higher.

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
Apparently, you can top these up with hydraulic oil if you want, by removing the adjuster valve from banjo fitting, gently pushing the piston all the way down with something non-metalic, and then topping up the valve with fluid before reattaching to the banjo clamp.

This is on my to-do list...
The instruction to do this are as follows:

Top Bottom