Where to Buy Wheel Bearing Kits

I've used the search feature but did not come across any information on where to buy wheel bearings. I may be all wet, but I have found over the years that after market parts are usually better than factory. Should I just go to the dealer and buy them or is it worth chasing down kits from somewhere else? Also, should I look into buying a bearing removal tool? If so, does anyone have a part number? Thanks

tdeboeser

that's not me!
STOC #
get 'em. Search on MC bearing removal... some stuff on amazon. About $25 bucks with shipping... worth it.

Tom de

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Just a tip on CBR Bearings: ya can't order from the web site, ya have to call them. 800 number shows up at the site.

I have purchased from there several times, always get the right stuff, good price, timely delivery.

My opinion,

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
+1 on CBR. Good folks. Lifetime replacement on their quality bearings. Called in my order when the rears got a little 'scratchy' at ~55K last year. After a nice conversation on where I'd taken my SSMST with the original CBRs, they didn't even ask for the old ones, just sent me the free replacements.

John

JZH

International Bodger
I may be all wet, but I have found over the years that after market parts are usually better than factory. Should I just go to the dealer and buy them or is it worth chasing down kits from somewhere else?
I don't know why that would necessarily be so, as Honda doesn't manufacture bearings. They source them from reputable bearing manufacturers, just as CBR, AllBalls and (whoever sells such kits through K&L, Parts Unlimited, etc.) do. There could conceivably be a quality difference between specific manufacturers, but I doubt this would be noticeable, and you wouldn't have any better chance of getting superior quality from an aftermaket supplier than from Honda.

Aftermarket is usually cheaper, though!

However, if you really want to save money, I've sourced bearings through automotive bearing supply shops in the past, and this is what I would do again if I needed bearings or seals. The aftermarket sources noted in the paragraph above charge you for the convenience of telling you what you need and packaging it up nicely. If you already know what you need, eight times out of ten you can get it substantially cheaper from an automotive seal and bearing supply house than from Honda or an aftermarket supplier. As an example of the savings that can be had, see my Bearings: Theory and Practice page, which relates to a VFR750FP. (I did not include Honda UK retail prices, which would have been somewhat more expensive than DSS.)

Ciao,

Top Bottom