where's the 20ohm/ 1watt resistor ?

i've been pouring over the "murp****s" document for installation of audiovox CCS100 installed ina '91 concours. in the doc it's mentioned that a 20ohm 1watt resistor is supplyed with the controler. the resistor is used as a noise supperssor , installed on the blue lead from the coil. a quick glance at my own reviels there's no resistor. did audiovox do away with this idem? if i go out and buy/install this idem, does it improve the installation?

i've been pouring over the "murp****s" document for installation of audiovox CCS100 installed ina '91 concours. in the doc it's mentioned that a 20ohm 1watt resistor is supplyed with the controler. the resistor is used as a noise supperssor , installed on the blue lead from the coil. a quick glance at my own reviels there's no resistor. did audiovox do away with this idem? if i go out and buy/install this idem, does it improve the installation?

It is there. Follow the blue wire. It is a bump in the wire and should have some type of tag on it. Hope no one cut it off.

My ST1100 installation had a blue tag taped over the resistor...

Attachments

• Cruise Control Installation 003.jpg
    Cruise Control Installation 003.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 31
found this on another thread and more info that has made my previous post below sound a bit stupid.
http://www.murphskits.com/audiovox/1index.html
Also, thanks ChuckKLRST

Can I install my Audiovox CC on my ST1100 without the magnets? I see many comments about it but no clear description on how to make it work. Is the connection to the coil (yellow wire with blue stripe) for shutting the CC off if the engine revs (pull in clutch) or does it providethe "speed" sensor signal?

Also, can I connect to either side of the brake switch? Some comments say there is some low voltage across the brake switch when brakes are not on and that can shut off the CC. Also does the purple wire need to be grounded and what are the dip switch positions.

Last edited:
Can I install my Audiovox CC on my ST1100 without the magnets? I see many comments about it but no clear description on how to make it work. Is the connection to the coil (yellow wire with blue stripe) for shutting the CC off if the engine revs (pull in clutch) or does it providethe "speed" sensor signal?

Also, can I connect to either side of the brake switch? Some comments say there is some low voltage across the brake switch when brakes are not on and that can shut off the CC. Also does the purple wire need to be grounded and what are the dip switch positions.

On the install of the CC100 to my ST1300 the BLUE wire with the resistor in it, connected to the coil for speed sensing and the PURPLE wire attached to the brake light ckt to shut off the CC when brakes are applied. Double check your colors and use these instructions
will england :: ST1100 Audiovox cruise control install information
Good luck

on the st1100 the blue wire connects to the blue with yellow stripe wire or the yellow w/blue stripe, either will work... a convieyant connection point is at the three wire nylon connecter on the left side,between the engine and rad. about 32" above the pavement. the audiovox unit can be hooked either to the magnet or the coil the advantage of the coil is that wheel balance will not be effected, and there's no possibility that the signal could be lost . the unit it's self is desigined to shut down if there's an "over rev" . something like..pull in the clutch while the throttles open/ hitting a patch of ice and loosing control.. both should shut down the unit. as for the brakes, you can only connect the purple wire to AFTER the brake switch. on the supply side the power is on all the time the ign is on-resulting in the unit never engageing !there should be no voltage on the lead to the bulb unless the brakes are applyed. a possible exception could be something like an after marked signal minder, i know too little about these after market accessories to say for sure.

Back
Top Bottom