Which size of airhawk for ST1300 ?

Sorry to make a new thread, I'm going to try an airhawk cruiser R bit not sure which size will be best for a stock 13, small or large ?, measuring up a medium would be ideal lol!.
Thanks.

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
I purchased the "Cruiser Medium" and it worked well for me, but I have a custom Corbin seat, not the OEM seat.

Best suggestion I can offer is to measure the seat - you don't want the cushion to overhang the sides of the seat.

Michael

Bike
07 ST 1300 A
I met a BMW rider the other day and he asked about my Spencerized stock seat. Then he recommended an AirHawk, said it was better then the RDL saddle which is hard to believe. But it makes me wonder if an AirHawk solves the ST problem. I don't need more padding under me, I need it more if front and behind me.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Doesn't the size of the AirHawk depend on the size of your...ahhhhhh...fundament*? :rofl1: :rofl1:

*This was a term used in the Nero Wolfe series of detective novels. If my meaning is not clear, go pick up one of these books and read it to find out...good escapist literature in the style of Sherlock Holmes.

diferg

Dan & Ingrid
Bike
2006 ST 1300
Had his and hers medium cruiser air hawks on ST-1300 with oem seats for two up trip from se Georgia to Mass. (cant spell it) and back. Wife loved it! I returned mine! Good part is Air Hawk truly does "Bet Our Ass".. there was no problem or question on the return for full refund on mine! Wife still has hers on Sargent seat. The oem ST-1300 drivers seat is just CRUEL! imo. Wife says she preferred oem passenger seat to Sargent! I ride tank to tank on Sargent.

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
Doesn't the size of the AirHawk depend on the size of your...ahhhhhh...fundament*?
Actually, no. What matters is the size of the motorcycle seat - you want the device to cover the seat, but to NOT extend beyond the edges of the seat. If it extends beyond the sides of the seat, it will irritate your thighs.

When you get the Airhawk, read the instructions carefully. The trick is to fill it with the least amount of air needed to prevent any portion of your butt (typically the ischial tuberosity, which is the portion of your pelvis behind your butt) from pressing all the way through the Airhawk. You don't want any more than about a half an inch of airspace between the lowest part of your butt (when on the Airhawk) and the seat. If you over-inflate it, it will not be comfortable. If you inflate it correctly, your body weight will be evenly spread across all portions of your butt that come in contact with the Airhawk, with no 'pressure points' anywhere.

Michael

Last edited:
Top Bottom