Will this Motobatt fit? MBTX12U?

OP
OP
xlr8tion
Bike
2005 ST 1300
I got unlazy and took the side off and see the battery case w/the fuse block won't allow it unless I mod the bat case.

Honda really "boxed in" the options with that setup.

Better to get a LiFePhosphate than start chopping...Or go the certain Scorpion failure rate.

OP
OP
xlr8tion
Bike
2005 ST 1300
Thanks......

Motobatt.com has 10 per cent off too....61 dollars shipped!!!! MBTX9U

Not sure if the 160CCA is going to be a prob vs the OEM 's 230CCA The Motobatt is 61 shipped ...72 for the Scorpion or 179 for the Shorai Lithium...Decisions!

OP
OP
xlr8tion
Bike
2005 ST 1300
Hey Matt...

Sorry to hear your Scorpion probs-I obsessed over the Battery choice for a couple hours and just jumped on the Shorai from Ro++Y Mou++ain ATV w/ 2 day UPS for 169.

I live in the deep south so the unusual aspects if LiFePO4's cold weather starting issues will have to be addressed infrequently(running your headlamps for 30 secs to warm the batt, etc).

My biggest fear on the Shorai is an accidental complete discharge; so one has to be diligent on making sure to completely shut the bike down EVERY time or the battery is a goner.

Webbikeworld tested the EVO 2 vs the Shorai and said they were just too expensive to justify over AGM's right now.

The Ballistic EVO 12 cell costs more(slightly) than the Shorai LTX18A1-12BS but I believe the "prismatic" cell design on the Shorai is superior.

FWIW...The LTX14A1-12BS would do if a budget LiFe were needed...It has 14A and 210 CCA......It's only slightly cheaper but an option if found for substantially less than the LTX18....

Some of the intrepid guys should mod the batt box and run the Motobatt 12U....It's 69 bucks delivered on Am***n right now and if you can split the front cover plate of the batt cover and get the batt to stay down-that's what I would have done.

But I am not that savvy!

Best regards and I let you know how that Shorai LTX18 works out.....

Greg in SC

Top Bottom