Wireless cameras

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
I don't have one and I haven't used one but here are my thoughts.

Personally I am a Canon fan. That is all we have bought. It helps when the menus are all the same and my wife knows how to use the Canon menus. So in looking at that brand. $450-499 for a 5MP camera with a 802.11b network connection. The transfers are going to be slow. Also I see it as a quick way to drain your batteries. So to do most transfers you are going to want to plug into an AC jack. If you have it plugged in anyhow.... why not to the computer and get your photos off much faster?

The Nikon models have better resolution in the 8 - 6MP range which is realistically all the average person taking snap shots needs. Most likely if you do print it you are not going to make posters out of the images. The problem with this is as the MP goes up so does the file size. The bigger the file the longer it will take to upload to a computer and the more of a drain it is on the batteries. This will be the case even with G speeds that the Nikon supports.

Personally I will stick to pulling my SD card and sticking it into my card reader.

Top Bottom