Wow - VERY stable on ground up pavement sections

Bike
ST1300
Just came home from a 100 mile run down to the store to buy a jar of peanut butter. :D

On the way back I had to ride about a mile on a section of roadway that is being prepped for repaving - you know, where that big machine comes in a just eats up about three inches of asphalt and leaves nothing but those huge, nasty, grooves...

Anyway, I was prepared to have the rear end wiggling all over creation. Instead of that I got the most stable two wheel ride I've ever had on that type of surface. Seemed like the front wheel was just happy to be there and the Hankook just muscled through the rough surface. What a treat!

Bike
2013 650 vSTrom
STOC #
BTDT on a mile or so of that chewed up pavement. Relaxing your arms is also a key factor.

Bike
2006 ST1300
:plus1: to the above. The first time I had to ride over a grooved section, I tightened up on the grips waiting for the unexpected...then nothing happened. It tracked true and straight. I also love how it feels on dirt roads- very stable, lots of traction. The exception is if the dirt road has ruts in it...those make the DS tire squirm around.

Jim

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Ditto here with my Exalto. No worries about grooved pavement, most tar snakes (although that also depends on your front tire), grated or wooden topped bridges. Very kool. Ditto for not using a death grip either.

Top Bottom