Xiaomi minicompressor

STooRay

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300

Santa was a little late, but today my new minicompressor from Xiaomi arrived.
Tested it right away, and in 2minutes and 30 seconds it filled my front tire from 27psi to 42.
Not too loud.
Very easy to screw on valve.
Very small. According to tests a fully charged device will fill two emty car tires, but I haven’t tried that.
Build seems sturdy, much better than other stuff from China I’ve tried earlier.
There is a small led light in it, gives enough light to find the valve at night.
Costs $85 incl freight in Norway, should be less elsewere...

Rumours tell there is some surveillance bugs in electronics from China, so if you live somewere you’ll get a death penalty for riding with wrong tire pressure (other than 42 psi fwd/aft), you might want to pass this one.

Stu
229BC860-321D-4A75-9CBA-7BDD993D27CE.jpeg
9BAD4C44-F9CD-460E-92B4-EAFB07C7F3B7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Why didn't they put the light at the hose end so you can see the valve AS you screw it on? Looks like you can find the valve with the light but then have to turn the unit around to attach the hose so you're in the dark for that.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Thanks for the review Stu. Since it screws on, do you lose much air screwing it off?

Bike
2010 ST1300
Why didn't they put the light at the hose end so you can see the valve AS you screw it on? Looks like you can find the valve with the light but then have to turn the unit around to attach the hose so you're in the dark for that.
Everybody makes mistakes.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
The question is if it can re-inflate a flat motorcycle tire after fixing a puncture...
(got a Slime Motorcycle Kit (the old one in a pouch with the small silver compressor casing) and upon testing even that 12V motor needed quite some till 42psi ...)
Could get that Xiaomi for like € 40,- but it doesn't list a battery capacity (similar kits seem to all come a 2000mAh battery... )
I'd figured such suitable for bicycles (and one review says the Xiaomi can inflate 4 sets of 29" cross-country bicycle tires with one charge...)

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
I carry this compressor, which has a quick-release chuck, which is a must in my opinion, and I have a cigarette lighter socket:

CompactCompressor.gif

And this fully-stocked compact patching kit:

1610131973832.png

. . . which includes:
  • (1) Pencil gauge
  • (4) Valve cores
  • (1) 4-way valve tool
  • (4) Silver anodized aluminum valve caps
  • (5) 35mm dia. patches
  • (3) String plugs, 9-ply 100mm long
  • (1) Rubber cement, .41fl. oz.
  • (1) Screwdriver handle rasper
  • (1) Screwdriver handle plugger
  • (1) Tire buffer
  • Plastic case

OP
OP
STooRay

STooRay

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300
Battery is 2000 mAh.
As stated by domestic Norway tech site test it is capable to inflate two empty car tires.
But have not tried this myself....

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
I carry this compressor, which has a quick-release chuck, which is a must in my opinion, and I have a cigarette lighter socket:
  • (1) Pencil gauge
  • (4) Valve cores
  • (1) 4-way valve tool
  • (4) Silver anodized aluminum valve caps
  • (5) 35mm dia. patches
  • (3) String plugs, 9-ply 100mm long
  • (1) Rubber cement, .41fl. oz.
  • (1) Screwdriver handle rasper
  • (1) Screwdriver handle plugger
  • (1) Tire buffer
  • Plastic case
Yup, got the one with the smaller compressor though, came also with quite some extras, plus I added worms, rasper/plugger, cement, gloves, etc... to it...

Slime motorcycle kit_small.jpg

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I carry a tire repair kit on each bike with components stored in separate areas of each bike to utilize unused storage space. When I need it I have everything it's just not all in the zipper case anymore. For the R1200RT I took the compressor pump out of the plastic case and reduced it to less than 2" x 5" x 7" so with gummy worms and T-handle insertion tools it would all fit in the hollow of the tail compartment up against the tail/brake light. The ST1300 has a similar space. Once I had a puncture that took three gummy worms and still leaked about 1 psi a minute. I stopped three times to air up the tire so I think I like the idea of a compressor that runs off the bike battery rather than a rechargeable one.

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Santa was a little late, but today my new minicompressor from Xiaomi arrived.
That looks to be nice bit of kit. $50 per your link. Should work nice as an inflator but I'll think twice before connecting it to my network. :D

A screw on chuck works much better for me on the ST. It's very fiddle lining a flip chuck on one of the wheels - front or back I don't recall. Once I have T-valves it's moot. That Mi is still pretty slick.

As for putting the light on the end of the hose I would foresee a short lifespan if the pump is used a few times - first world problem.

I can plug a micro-USB connector into a port in the dark. I can sure as hell screw a hose on to a valve stem by feel not to mention with the help of the light on the compressor. All I need it for is to roll the wheel to get the stem where I want it. Once I know where the stem is and the chuck is in my hand the rest is really pretty easy.

If only there were some independent wireless source of light that could be aimed anywhere without any limitations and not locked into any one location where it becomes immediately less useful... Since the Mi charges via micro-USB it could be charged via my jump starter if need be.

Bike
1991 ST1100
The question is if it can re-inflate a flat motorcycle tire after fixing a puncture...
(got a Slime Motorcycle Kit (the old one in a pouch with the small silver compressor casing) and upon testing even that 12V motor needed quite some till 42psi ...)
Could get that Xiaomi for like € 40,- but it doesn't list a battery capacity (similar kits seem to all come a 2000mAh battery... )
I'd figured such suitable for bicycles (and one review says the Xiaomi can inflate 4 sets of 29" cross-country bicycle tires with one charge...)
It does, and it's also rated for 2000mAh. This information was found further down in the listing on Amazon.

Bike
2012 GL 1800
STOC #
I got the same one as the OP for Christmas too. I already have a 12V compressor that I got when I had the ST and now have it on my Wing. I will take the battery powered one with me when I take my Duel Sport and quads out. It will fit perfectly in my Camelback that I wear on those bikes.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Well, they had a sale on the new Xiaomi model (USB-C charging connector, LED flashlight at top side) so I pulled the trigger...
Went to the garage to give it a test, "unfortunately" both ST tires showed accurate inflation pressure :cool:
So for the fun of it I tried topping off the tires on the 3 ton VW T6 panel van: 4 times raising from 2,6 bar to 2,9...
The little bugger managed that with no issue... OK, on the 4th wheel its batteries died at 2,8 bar though :biggrin:
Application brilliantly easy, set desired pressure value, press OK, let it do its thing, detach hose, goto next wheel...

Inflating a fully flat car tire might be a bit ambitious (dimensions on US pickup trucks & 4x4s out of the question IMO), but it appears capable of filling 2 motorcycle tires on one battery charge (its recommended to be recharged every 3 months when not in use)
The quality of the valve connector is exceptional, almost no air loss during attachment or removal...

Noise is astonishingly moderate (the wired 12V SLIME compressor is horribly loud), temperature build up marginal...
Some consumer reviews claim a charging time of over 3 hours, on my 2,4A charger it takes about half of that...
Its compact and astonishing lightweight... will swap it with the one in my SLIME kit, saving weight and volume...

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Looks legit... :cool:

IMG_20220603_131740.jpg

BTW the auto inflation overshoots by 0.1 Bar... i.e. need to dial 2.8 Bar to get my 2.9 ...

Top Bottom