Yes, I'm back with still more Newfoundland.

OP
OP
Jim C-G
Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
I was just watching CBC and I didn’t realize how serious the damage was. Hope that everything gets repaired and back to normal quick.
It will take at least a week but probably more likely 10 days before traffic can pass I think. They can't work on all the washouts at the same time. Need to do one to get to the next etc. Marine Atlantic started the run to Argentia (14-16 hr. crossing) which they normally only do June to Sept. in order to get trucks into the province. Just one more supply chain issue. I think the liqour stores have a 2-3 week stock of essentials.

OP
OP
Jim C-G
Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
That's some serious storm damage!
I remember riding some of those roads with you and Alain.
Yes, that was our route to the ferry. I think we went down to the stone lighthouse as well... that road is also cut in a couple of places and has less priority. The people living down that way wouldn't have the same feeling.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yes, that was our route to the ferry. I think we went down to the stone lighthouse as well... that road is also cut in a couple of places and has less priority. The people living down that way wouldn't have the same feeling.
Yep, you were so kind as to take us down to Rose Blanche before we all got on the ferry to Sidney.

1637963160978.png

So this was one of the roads that got washed out -

1637963224979.png

Top Bottom