Zumo XT. Unable to re-import Routes - (Solution)

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
This is a heads up.

When transferring routes from Basecamp to the Zumo XT internal memory, consider transferring all of the routes that you want to be on your XT - including the ones that you have previously transferred.

Reason: The XT seems to start a brand new file to store the recently transferred routes, rather than adding them to an existing file as was the case with its predecessors. This means that previously transferred routes can not be imported again if a later teansfer has over-written the file (temp.gpx).

If the routes have been imported and are in the list of Saved Files, they are safe. But if deleted or modified, it can be impossible to re import the original.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jfheath

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
Would not the solution be to transfer routes to the memory card instead of internal, thus always available for import?
Yes, that works.

I was simply highlighting the issue so that users do not have to find out the hard way.

There are other issues to do with how the XT accesses routes, tracks and Favourites / Waypoints stored in memory card, that I would rather not have. But I must admit that this particular issue is causing me to re-asses this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom