ST1100 driveline question.

Ha! that's funny!
Thanks Mark. I think the u-joint is going. I'll be taking it apart soon to investigate and get replaced if needed. Though I'm pretty sure that's the problem. Then it will feel like a new bike!

I'm taking my stuff off today to see the u-joint. Actually hope to find it in bad shape! That way it'll be confirmed as to what/where my vibration is coming from.

Last edited:
I did end up pulling the drive shaft out. Everything was and is in good shape. Still have the surging, but only when in 5th gear. And it is just barely noticeable, so I'm just going to ride it.

I did end up pulling the drive shaft out. Everything was and is in good shape. Still have the surging, but only when in 5th gear. And it is just barely noticeable, so I'm just going to ride it.

Hi ya Gary,
I got as far as the lock nut. Waiting on some tools to complete the job. I started a thread in the 1100 tech section.
Glad yours is good. Maybe down the road that surging will get bad enough to pin down.

Hi ya Gary,
I got as far as the lock nut. Waiting on some tools to complete the job. I started a thread in the 1100 tech section.
Glad yours is good. Maybe down the road that surging will get bad enough to pin down.

I wish I'd have known earlier ya needed the swing arm tool. I have it, and could have hooked you up with it at the RTE last Saturday.

No problem! That would've been good, only I really didn't think I was going to be getting into it this soon. But as my ride progressed that day I thought I better not wait.

Back
Top Bottom