170/60ZR-17 PR3 Can't find

Bike
09 ST1300A
I could not find the Michelin rear tire size 170/60ZR-17 "PR3" at Jake Wilson or at the Motorcycle-Superstore.
Both stores had that size only in the PR4 GT.
Sorry if this is old news :eek::

I had the PR3. Now I have the PR4GT. The PR4GT is going to last a lot longer. I have over 8,000 on it now. It has a long way to go. At 10,000 on PR2's or PR3's they were toast. I should get over 12,00 from the PR4. I never thought I would see that out of a rear tire. And it seems to stick in the curves better than the 3 ever did.

I'll go for the PR4 GT's next time to get the latest build dates

One reason, I'm not totally worried about build dates is because I go thru tires too fast!

Figure I do 30K+ a year, that's at least three sets of tires.

I do have my limits though, I look for tires that are less than three years old.

One reason, I'm not totally worried about build dates is because I go thru tires too fast!

Figure I do 30K+ a year, that's at least three sets of tires.

I do have my limits though, I look for tires that are less than three years old.

Tires on my DR that I just replaced were over 10 years old.

Tires on my DR that I just replaced were over 10 years old.

It doesn't mean they won't hold air and get you around, what age does to a motorcycle tire is gives you less traction when you lean into a corner! Also, older tires will wear down faster.

I tossed some PR1s that had maybe 5K on them, but they were 7 years old and I just didn't see any reason to hang on to them.

Back
Top Bottom