Mr. Donaldson - R.I.P. 10/15/2014

Picture From Bob's visits to Pa.

Attachments

• FLStock, Gambler Rodgers SP, 09 079.jpg
    FLStock, Gambler Rodgers SP, 09 079.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 46
Brother Vinny, I would also like to thank you for taking the reins. I'll add that I wish I had (some) ownership of this event. I could never have done it so a doubly big thanks to you!

I will hope for more sunshine than rain, more laughs than cries, more smiles than tears. Looking at the list of attendees, it will be a tremendous gathering of people I enjoy, minus one. One very unique and special guy!

Thanks Vinny & Shuey for all your effort in putting this together. Riding down with John Sisk. Will be leaving his house Wed. am. Not sure yet just how we're going, but will be there for sure sometime Friday. I think Dinkie has said it best. I just wish this ride wasn't even necessary. Damn I miss Bob!!

Thanks to everyone, especially Vinnie and Shuey for setting up the Memorial. My father was considered a Master Aviator by the Army. He flew 650 combat missions over Vietnam (if I did the math right, 26 Air Medals, one per 25 flights at that time), purple heart, three Distinguished Flying Crosses, Bronze Star, Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry). He was shot down three times. Twice in the same night during Tet.

He loved his motorcycles and loved all of you that ride. When he was in Arizona after the hospital visit there, I asked him I needed to fly out, put him on a plane and drive the motorcycle back. He said no, his forum buddies would take care of him, and you did.
Thanks

I'll see everyone at the Memorial.

Thanks to everyone, especially Vinnie and Shuey for setting up the Memorial. My father was considered a Master Aviator by the Army. He flew 650 combat missions over Vietnam (if I did the math right, 26 Air Medals, one per 25 flights at that time), purple heart, three Distinguished Flying Crosses, Bronze Star, Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry). He was shot down three times. Twice in the same night during Tet.

He loved his motorcycles and loved all of you that ride. When he was in Arizona after the hospital visit there, I asked him I needed to fly out, put him on a plane and drive the motorcycle back. He said no, his forum buddies would take care of him, and you did.
Thanks

Looking forward to meeting you Tony!

Thanks

Thanks for sharing all that information about Bob. Your Dad was a special man, some us just didn't know how big of a man he really was! Look forward to meeting you at the Memorial.

I knew from talking top him that he was in a lot of tight situations but did not know he was shot down three times. Bob was a humble guy I always looked forward to seeing.

Should anyone want to share my hotel suite, in addition to SilverSTreak, I just had a cancelation. There's a pull-out bed available.

Or . . . enjoy the good life at "deet central," er, I mean the campground. ;)

Shuey

Thanks so much Tony for sharing the info about your Dad's awards. As a Vietnam Veteran, I could appreciate the stories he told me. I was in Nam during Tet. Just about everyone, everywhere, had an experience during that time. I knew about him getting shot down three times, twice in one night, and also being shot in the leg. He just chuckled when he told me about those experiences. Like it was no big deal. Your Dad both IS & WAS a big deal...to me and everyone here at the STOwners site. I think of him almost daily, as I'm sure most others do too.

Look forward to seeing you in a couple weeks.

Take care....John

...... Looking at the list of attendees, it will be a tremendous gathering of people I enjoy, minus one. One very unique and special guy!

P1000334.JPG

IMG_0293.JPG

P1000529.JPG

Should anyone want to share my hotel suite, in addition to SilverSTreak, I just had a cancelation. There's a pull-out bed available.

Or . . . enjoy the good life at "deet central," er, I mean the campground. ;)

Shuey
Shuey If you haven't had any other takers..I would be happy to take that space....Bill

Shuey If you haven't had any other takers..I would be happy to take that space....Bill

Note to all, after exchanging PMs, saddletramp may not be able to make it. If anyone else wants the space, it's $40/night for a pull-out living room couch, screened with climate control and low humidity . . . ;)

Shuey

Note to all, after exchanging PMs, saddletramp may not be able to make it. If anyone else wants the space, it's $40/night for a pull-out living room couch, screened with climate control and low humidity . . . ;)

Shuey

If it's still available I could certainly use it Thursday. Was looking to come down a day earlier than I originally planned. Have campground Reservations after that.

Thanks Tony for sharing the additional information about Bob. Like everyone else, I look forward to meeting you too !

Shuey
Shuey ..Got things worked out here so If you still have an opening I'll come in Fri. and Sat. nights....I noticed Michael "The Cheese" said he would like to have it Thurs. Thats fine let him have it and I will shack up with you and Silverstreak Fri. and Sat unless you already have someone for those nights...Bill Gordon

Shuey ..Got things worked out here so If you still have an opening I'll come in Fri. and Sat. nights....I noticed Michael "The Cheese" said he would like to have it Thurs. Thats fine let him have it and I will shack up with you and Silverstreak Fri. and Sat unless you already have someone for those nights...Bill Gordon

Far as I'm concerned it's yours to turn down. You spoke up first, Ill concede to you. I'm sure it would be better for one person to take all nights.

Anybody got room for another tent for Thursday? I'm kicking myself for screwing up my reservation.

Far as I'm concerned it's yours to turn down. You spoke up first, Ill concede to you. I'm sure it would be better for one person to take all nights.

Anybody got room for another tent for Thursday? I'm kicking myself for screwing up my reservation.
Michael, I believe we will be OK to pitch your tent on 104 for Thursday night.... the rules say Tent only, max number of people is 8 and the max number of vehicles is 2.... so you may have to park in the overflow parking lot. Only thing, it's not close... about 1/4 mile from the site. You may have to pay $6 for a day use for the bike. Should be OK for one night.... what do you think?

Vinny,

I'll take you up on that. Splitting the cost of the site and parking pass is the least I can do. Are you sure that 3 tents will be cool?

If it's still available I could certainly use it Thursday. Was looking to come down a day earlier than I originally planned. Have campground Reservations after that.
Looks like I'll have room at my site #94, Wednesday and Thursday if you or anyone else needs it.

Top Bottom