ST1300 Tip Over Bars

Bike
08 ST1300
Hello Everyone,

Because of a minor incident this weekend pushing my new ST1300 into the garage, I have become very interested in the tip over bars (don't ask...and I won't have to tell :eek:). While at the dealer getting her 600 mile service, a police officer from a neighboring city pulled his new police ST1300 in for it's 600 mile service. I talked to him for awhile and looked at all the bells and whistles (I even got to sit on it!). I really liked the tip over bars and engine guards installed. The tip over bar was very similar to Motorcycle Larry's setup but had a extra mounting point using the passenger foot peg mounting point. I really like this arrangement because of the extra support. He mentioned a site called ThunderWorks, but it does not appear that they would sell products to civilians. Has anyone else seen this product and if so, would I be able to purchase it? I have attached a picture of Motorcycle Larry's product with a red line to show how the other product was setup.

David

Attachments

• DSCN2718.jpg
    DSCN2718.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 501
http://www.st1300p.com/

yhst-60681643356517_2081_677328

Curious as to how you carry "two-up" without passenger foot-reST's, or is this set-up intended to not carry any passengers?

By the way, the tip-over bars look great and quite beefy!

Thanks,

Curious as to how you carry "two-up" without passenger foot-reST's, or is this set-up intended to not carry any passengers?

By the way, the tip-over bars look great and quite beefy!

Thanks,

You don't with the police bars.

I went with the Gold wing GL 1800 tip over bars, like every thing else there will be yea and nea, I just wanted something to protect my legs if I go down with it, and also the bags.

I don't have hardly any thing in the bars, I got a grand total of $28.00 in them, I drilled a 1/4 inch hole for the bottom hole, the top fit the existing hole. I wish I would have put the side with the dog ear up to top, and then a person could possibly put a little floor board on it, also the rear peg would flip up to normal position. It took about 15 minutes to install, I can have them off in about 5 minutes. Right now I like the looks of them and hope they will work if the occasion arise.
Wayne

I have had passengers on my bike with the le type crash bar that also uses the pass. peg mount for support,just wrap the smaller bar with some type of tape,than ask your female passenger to wear the shorter 2-3 inch heel she can than insert her heels in that pocket behind that angeled support.this is not as good as the actual pegs but will work.

Those police bars look like they are designed to sustain the bike from a MOVING tip over, i.e. a crash (correct me if I'm wrong). Bygdawg's and MCL's specifically say they are to catch a stationary bike. All in all, since I don't carry a passenger, the reinforced bars look very good to me. I do, however, on long trips, tend to move around on the bike, using the passenger pegs and even Bygdawg's bars as a foot rest for short periods of time to change my position, stretch, etc. Not sure how the reinforcement bar would play out for this.

I had a tip over with Bygdawg's bars on, I was hit head on and knocked over and backwards by a SUV. Bygdawgs bar saved my bike from major damage ! So they can take the stress of more than a drop over.

Anyone recently ordered a pair of DygDawg tip over bars. I only ask because the site has no way of contacting them about shipping ect. It just has a buy now button that takes you to a paypal page.

I removed the BigDawg bars & replaced them with GW 1800 bars because the BigDawgs crowded wife's feet too much, which crowded mine. Wife & I are much happier with GW bars mounted on adapters.

Good Ridin'
slmjim

Good ideas,

but still the question remains. Is BygDawg still making and shipping bars. I have had a bad experience in the past ordering custom MC parts through paypal never to get anything.

Back
Top Bottom