St1300 cutting out when hot

Just gt my 13 what a lovely bike it’s a 2004 silver. Sadly been a nightmare water leak then Altenator then exhaust bracket. I’ve had enuf every time I take her out she comes back on the recovery truck I wana give her one last rescue attempt if not she’s going. Can anyone help the new problem is every time I ride it no issues first 30-40 mins as soon as it gets hot it cuts out, when it cuts out it’s hard to start takes around 10 cranks then 10-15 seconds cuts out again. If I leave it to cool it’s ok again. What could this be guys ??

thanks

It sounds like you have a failing fuel pump with those symptoms. You can get a replacement from a parts store for a Honda Accord.

There are a zillion threads about this. My recollection is that you have to be very careful to follow the proper torque sequence and do not over-torque. Also be very suspicious of the appropriateness of the fuel hose itself. Some non-OEM vendors have fuel hose that basically dissolves.

Sorry I’m new to the site will see if I can find a precise post, so furl pump is best place to start ?

thx

Top Bottom