Old Enough To Remember?

Our assistant principal was the school dispenser of justice. The wall behind his desk was covered with various paddles and torture devices (literally- a cat-o-nine tails, a spikes metal ball attached to a handle with a long chain) The perp sat in front of the desk so he/she could get good views of both Mr Roberts and the display behind him. Usually, all it took was a serious discussion on proper behavior to change one's ways.
When my son first entered private hs at the first parent/open house meeting I mentioned to the principle not to hesitate a paddle if my son misbehaves. He stated we do not do that here. My answer to him was " what the hell am I paying for" :rofl1:
 
This was a very common tractor on farms in Norway when I had my first summer job as a 13-year-old and learned to drive a tractor on an MF135 :)

IMG_4391.jpeg

Fun fact............ Actor Raymond Massey's family started up Massey tractors in 1847 in Ontario. Massey merged with Harris (1857) to form Massey - Harris in 1891. MH merged with Feguson in 1953 under the Massey - Harris - Ferguson trade name, shortened to Massey - Ferguson in 1958.
 
I volunteered to be the "cameraman" (with a similar camera) for a youth gig in our church once....... I had to have two minders to stop me falling over the long BNC cable that went to the rather large three lens projector which put the output up on the wall above the stage......

By the end of the night I was in pain...
 
Back
Top Bottom