ST1300 LED Headlight Recommendations

Joined
Dec 28, 2016
Messages
27
Location
Myrtle Beach, SC - Formerly from Orange County CA
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Sorry for having to come back to this question again.

Can someone suggest what the very best LED Headlights that are available on Amazon.

I could not find any listings for F2, F2 Plus or F3 Headlights.

Don't have time to order from China. Work being done this coming weekend.

Price not a concern. Just need a pair of good ones.

Jay
 
I've got these in my ST1300 currently. They seem to be some offspring of the F2, F2+, F3 lineage.

The box was labeled "F5". Before install, I measured them puling 3.1A @ 13.8v (42.8W) each.


I don't know if they are the very best but they are pretty good.

I have had a number of F2 and F2 plus bulbs in the bike before these. I never seem to get more than a year (~15k miles) or two out of them. However, the lighting is very good so I keep going back... what is that old definition of insanity?
 
Last edited:
I could not find any listings for F2, F2 Plus or F3 Headlights.
FYI, the F2, F3, etc. nomenclature was Evitek's way of describing their variations of LED lamps. Any similar designation on Amazon or another website is coincidental (unless Amazon is selling Evitek's products). There is no standardized spec across different manufacturers for a F2 or F3, etc. lamp.
 
I've got these in my ST1300 currently. They seem to be some offspring of the F2, F2+, F3 lineage.

Those have the basic design specs recommended by a member here (spiderman302) who had a strong hand it developing this design. Staggered emitters (high and low beam) with a shield over the (I believe) low beam emitter are the basic hallmarks of the G2/G3 design. Unfortunately that price is almost three times what the G2s cost me.

As you say money is not at issue but time is and these should be a good choice. You should check the headlights adjustment after installation.

In the event you've never had LED bulbs in your bike there is a small caveat. The ST1300 does not use H4 bulbs but something similar which is hard if not impossible to find in an LED. But an H4 bulb is the correct choice and easily modified to fit.

The tab at 12 o'clock is fine the way it is. The two lower tabs have to be removed or bent (if possible) back behind the bulb base as they don't line up with the slots in the 1300's sockets. The top tab is all that's needed to orient the bulb properly. The wire bale does the rest.
 
Is it okay to go with a lower wattage than the 45/45w it calls for in the manual? I'm looking at a Sylvannia 20/20w H4 9003. Has a lifetime warranty ($90)
 
Is it okay to go with a lower wattage than the 45/45w it calls for in the manual? I'm looking at a Sylvannia 20/20w H4 9003. Has a lifetime warranty ($90)
If that 20/20W is a halogen I'd say it'd be a huge mistake. The 45/45W is weak as it is. For a time I bumped it to 55/60W and that was a great improvement. Then I went to LED and that was the best improvement yet.

If that Sylvania is an LED bulb then a lower wattage could be fine. Seeing is believing. LEDs will need less current for the light you need. It just has to put that light where you need it.

Wattage isn't the only thing that needs to be considered. More info on the specific bulb would be helpful.

EDIT:I see in a different post of yours that you're currently using LED bulbs. So apologizes for telling you what you know.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom