07 FJR1300
STOC #
I approved, George.

How's this look?

New Siam Riverside Guest House
21 Thanon Phra Athit, Chana Songkhram, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200, Thailand

ใหม่สำหรับผู้ใช้บริการ พระสยามริมฝั่งแม่น้ำเอะโนะบ้าน
21 ถนนชนะสงครามพระนครกรุงเทพฯ 10200 ประเทศไทย

I used Babylon on-line to translate. Printed and will add to my stash o' papers.

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Thanks, Tip. Good to have a native speaker on line. :D (Gotta practice my hello - goodbye - thank you - please,,, those 4 will get ya thru almost anything, in my experience.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Last edited:

Digiamo

Come play with us, Danny......
Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
I approved, George.
Thanks Tip, we were going to confirm the address George has with the nice folks at the lobby desk. Guess we'll go ahead and do that in addition to your thumbs up. Thanks again for paying attention and the kind help.

Droid S 3 & TT2

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
NOT getting bit is still the best solution for malaria. Hard to do when yur in their presence tho. I have 99% deet but still.

(Old story, New Harmony, IN was founded by a religious sect which was very successful until a Malaria epidemic along the Wabash devistated their population. (The fact they were all celibate might have had something to do with it too. :D)

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
NOT getting bit is still the best solution for malaria. Hard to do when yur in their presence tho. I have 99% deet but still.

(Old story, New Harmony, IN was founded by a religious sect which was very successful until a Malaria epidemic along the Wabash devistated their population. (The fact they were all celibate might have had something to do with it too. :D)
IVE BEEN skeeter bit at least a dozen times before I even got to the clinic for the 'script...and it takes a week for the drug to protect ya.
NOW, I take take and USE the DEET based repellant. Haven' t been bit since.

I'd say celibacy could wipe out a whole population in a few decades... yup!
Droid S 3 & TT2

Last edited:

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
OK, Joe and I are at the big dental clinic but oddly we could not get a taxi driver to figure out how to get us here with an X on the map and our GPS instructions. The fourth taxi got us here. NICE and cool inside and very accomodating gals at the desks...even got me hooked up to their WiFi system which is where I send this from.
uploadfromtaptalk1357972730376.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1357972778580.jpg
BEFORE the stuggle to get to the clinic on time, we waded through the largest "weekend bazaar" I can remember. Thank You Tip for the recomendation.
uploadfromtaptalk1357972937458.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1357973083247.jpg
We could have spent all day here.
uploadfromtaptalk1357973191134.jpg
Also found a string of motorcycle repair/accessory shops near the bazaar.
I'll go back there and see about a helmet, boots and gloves when we have time.
uploadfromtaptalk1357973385263.jpg

Droid S 3 & TT2

Bike
07 FJR1300
STOC #
Not to worry on malaria if you're in BKK or up northern parts of Thailand/laos. If you goes south? that's where skeeters got malaria .normally this time of De year youcan sleep outside with out skeeter bite due to dry season. Goes adventures and have fun! Don't worry Be happy :)

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Danny and Joe you guys are having too much fun! Tuk Tuks are called scooter rickshaws in India, best way to get around cheap in New Delhi or other big cities. We would pile in two or three in each one and get them to race each other to our destination. Too much fun! Your pics are bringing back memories of my trips back to India and my one and only visit to BKK in
'74. Keep the pics coming and enjoy!
George if you are concerned about malaria you need to start the meds now because it takes a week or so to work and they suggest you cont. taking the meds for a week to 10 days after you return.
Safe trip and have tons of fun.

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Hope the tooth works out, Joe. Great to be able to link up wifi at the clinic. The Gelato looks good, lots of flavors.

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Our seasoned German traveler friends hold court on the wonders of Thailand ... we are on the side lines of a great street fair where Joe and I obtained a bunch of food dishes which we offered to them. The ice was broken and Joe took notes as he spilled the beans on a slew of places we must see down on the southern peninsula. Joe got his sailing juices flowing again too. I asked about the island where "The Beach" was filmed. He poo pooed it as there are too many people. Quoting Yogi Berra I said oh... nobody goes there any more...too crowded.
Couldn't get his whole spiel as it was too long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jukYEhUAfWo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Droid S 3 & TT2

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Old Phuket Village (or sumpin like dat) down on the peninsula was mentioned on the FB Ride For Cambodia page yesterday by Dean. Lots of choices.

How's Joe's tooth?

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Old Phuket Village (or sumpin like dat) down on the peninsula was mentioned on the FB Ride For Cambodia page yesterday by Dean. Lots of choices.

How's Joe's tooth?
JOE TOOTH STATUS UPDATE:
full radial xray scan, check up and advice on the tooth- $40 USD
Conclusion: since Joe was not in enough pain to determine conclusively which tooth is the culprit, it was recomended to wait til next week and come back. If its still a problem it can be drilled, drained and temporarilly filled until return from Cambodia.
They said he might as well go off the antibiotics in the meantime but he thought since there is only three days cleft to the end of the full course, he should complete the full prescription of antibiotics. I agreed.
Everything about the place shouted professional, courtious, sterile. .. except for the suggestion to go off the antibiotics prior to finishing the prescription.
We are a "GO" for lift off. :D

Droid S 3 & TT2

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
The 'script I have is for similar, not gonna need it but bringing it with. Can also be used for malaria but forget the name right now. It's packed. I had the same problem, just coudn't pin-point which tooth, but it finally settled down enuff to get precise. Root canal and new crown, I'm good to go.

Keep the stories coming. How's the food?

Bike
2003 ST1300
The 'script I have is for similar, not gonna need it but bringing it with. Can also be used for malaria but forget the name right now. It's packed. I had the same problem, just coudn't pin-point which tooth, but it finally settled down enuff to get precise. Root canal and new crown, I'm good to go.

Keep the stories coming. How's the food?
Good info on tooth, thanks. If my payne continues I can go into the same clinic and get the temp crown (after route canal) and be off to Penom Pen.
I likey the food so far. We are developing a rectal scale to measure spicyness?? You know, if you can't measure it, you can't manage it. We like the breakfast (included) here at the New Siam !! By the time you and Dace get here though we will be ready for a change. When we got back here yesterday they had the whole street bloocked off with street vendors and we sampled their food as our supper. We liked it and I'll eat anything without mold.
We were up early in the morning doing our office work as we were so tarred from yesterdays quick march to the elusive dentist office. Danny is cool under pressure, I got too stressed over possibly missing my appointment. The cabbies are frustrating to deal with so we need to budget that in when moving about. Gone down for bkfst..

Top Bottom