Ride For Cambodia?

Ironic both of youse would lose a bag while flying different airlines to the same destination. :D

You shoulda seen the pills of unclaimed bags in BKK. They had a bank of five gals on hand to handle such issues. Extremely friendly and very happy that I attempted to take responsibility for making my connections too close together. SHE nodded shy and said in sweet Thai accent, " Thanks you for understanding" pour the smiles on and get piles of smiles back.

Droid S 3 & TT2

Arctic Great Circle route is the shortest trip from our east coast. Don't know how my LAX > TYO trip will go but it's long. TYO > BKK is pretty long too.

Don't need to assume your luggage will get "delayed" just because shyte happens.
Actually, its prolly the tight connection time I set up.* It was suggested to leave three hours between connecting flights and I scheduled with only an hour and 25 between flights in Bejeing. The JFK flight left late causing me to run to the next flight to be the last one on board. Whew! The checked luggage prolly could not run as fast. :)* a common occurance according to the nice gals in BKK who were working behind mountains of "delayed" luggage.* LOL.
JOE'S story is only a little different but similar in that the check luggage often can't keep pace with the connections, especially if there is any delayed flights at all.
I'M not worried...THE BAGS WILL COME BECAUSE WE BUILT IT.* ;)
HOWEVER: IF they're not here tomorrow, I'm buying a swim suit and jumping in that pool. Thats that last time I pack a priority piece of equipment like that in a check bag. ;)
I can see clearly that I will not be able to keep posts and pics updated as fast as events/stories happen. If I do, it will cut into the time needed to generate said stories. Suffice it to say, Joe and I had a really cool day today filled with all the wonders Bangkok can deliver, including meeting great people and navigating a taxi via my Droid stand alone GPS and the OSM maps I downloaded. WE all were laughing and enjoying the language barrier.
More stuff as time allows.
Droid S 3 & TT2

Thanks Ash, don't know where were going shoehorn GoPro duties. ;)

Just got a call... one bag is in. Joe asked which one, and I replied, " I didn't ask, but I hope its yours." He said, "Why? Am I whining a lot?"

My bag was delivered to the door.

Droid S 3 & TT2

Sounds like a great adventure!

Thanks Dinkie. I'm reading impaired. :D

We're both likely to end up with additional impairments if we keep following this thread. I hope one of'em has a personal blog page to post the stuff that won't pass muster here.

Here we go! The shenanigans are under way! I have a couple of comments.

1. Moe looks good displaying them
2. They aren't my size
3. That's not a pouch, that's a reservoir tip :rofl1:

Reservior tip indeed! :)

I think Dink is refering to me when using the term "Moe"...prolly leftover from a previous ride report where the book title " The Scopion and the Turd" was arrived at.

AS predicted, Joe got his bag delivered this morning before breakfast. Just over 24 hours to get both bags back from who knows what corner of the globe.
We can both breath a sigh of relief now.

Droid S 3 & TT2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357868510862.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357868510862.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 57
Back
Top Bottom