My Windscreen is UP . . .

Bike
04 st1300
. . . and it won't go down. Over the last several months my screen would go up with no problem but would have to be coaxed (hold the switch down for several seconds and hope for a bumpy stretch of road) before deciding to go down. Yesterday it went up and stayed up. No amount of coaxing would budge it. I though I'd run it all the way up, maybe reset the "brain", Oh No, it's up all the way to stay. My V-Stream is riding high and I look kind of goofy. Anyone experience this before? Thanks. John

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
. . . and it won't go down. Over the last several months my screen would go up with no problem but would have to be coaxed (hold the switch down for several seconds and hope for a bumpy stretch of road) before deciding to go down. Yesterday it went up and stayed up. No amount of coaxing would budge it. I though I'd run it all the way up, maybe reset the "brain", Oh No, it's up all the way to stay. My V-Stream is riding high and I look kind of goofy. Anyone experience this before? Thanks. John
Lower limit switch or the down rely are bad. Check the switch first. Jumper the switch. If that does not work replace the relay. It is only about 7 bucks.I had exactly the same issue. If the limit switch, you will need to get one from a salvage as there is no Honda replacement part.

Last edited:

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
Check your limit switches for anything that may be intermittently getting stuck in them when bumped... I did that recently. Installed aux lights and stuffed the extra wiring harness back into the fairing....it was getting caught in the limit switches so the windshield would get stuck

Assembly on ebay right now going for $250 from a seller called onestopoutlet

Bike
'06 ST1300A
The electric circuit for the windscreen is a bit busy, before you jump-in take a look at the schematic.
Here's a link to a simplified schematic of the windscreen circuit I made.
You can download the drawing to your computer, where you can view it (zoom in/out, & print) with anny PDF viewer.

Also you may find this thread useful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom