Think well before you order from Partzilla

Afan

... and this is my real name.
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Usually I order my Honda parts from Partzilla. The lowest price and free shipping on an order over $150.
But what happened to today was kinda disappointing. Ordered one gasket and 2 O-rings ($7.93) and shipping fee was $9.95 for two day delivery (standard shipping $7.95). The problem was I forgot to add to the shopping cart the fuel filter. So, I contact them to add this item to avoid additional shipping fee. I first had Live Chat (10 minutes after I made the order), and then called twice (20 minutes after I made the order). The person from Live Chat told me that the order is already "locked down" by shipping department and nothing can be changed?!? After 5 minutes? I called them anyway and the person on my first call said that their system is down and he can't do anything - I have to call in about 30 minutes. Of course, I called immediately and other person responded and she said the same thing as the person from Live Chat - there was nothing she can do to make me happy - I have to order the fuel filter separately ($13.xx) and pay the shipping fee again ($9.95).
Wow! I think they lost me as customer from now on. I will rather pay a bit more at other online store and have customer service eager to help me in case of an issue...

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yeah, I've tried to add to orders before too and didn't have any luck.

I never order from them if I'm in a hurry. And try to get it all in one shot...but if I forget, it's not their fault (remember, they are a BIG company, lots of orders, and the people you are talking to didn't write the code that runs their system...:( )

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
It's not surprising to hear that some have trouble with online vendors, while others don't. I've ordered from them a few times with no issues so far. I don't blame you for being upset, you would think that throwing something else in a box before they ship it ,wouldn't be a big deal. The only things we can do are not buy from them again and share our experiences.
Since vendor accessibility has opened up world wide now, the customer service doesn't seem to be as important to them anymore.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
I had a similar problem with them, once. My other dealings with Partzilla have gone well.
I'm prone to forget items on a long order (more than two items). Now I make a shopping list and compare that to my 'shopping cart' before I complete the order.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
This is why I have been using Ronayers.com for many years, much nicer folks to work with.
The thing you should watch for when ordering stuff from the online dealers, is some of them, bikebandit, etc. their prices are the same as local dealers, and sometimes more! Folks think that just because you do it online your getting a better deal and don't shop around.

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
This is why I have been using Ronayers.com for many years, much nicer folks to work with.
The thing you should watch for when ordering stuff from the online dealers, is some of them, bikebandit, etc. their prices are the same as local dealers, and sometimes more! Folks think that just because you do it online your getting a better deal and don't shop around.
The prices are why I order from Partzilla. Have I had issues with orders? As much as I have ordered from them, yeah I have. But usually a phone call gets it straightened out!

OP
OP
Afan

Afan

... and this is my real name.
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Yeah, I've tried to add to orders before too and didn't have any luck.

I never order from them if I'm in a hurry. And try to get it all in one shot...but if I forget, it's not their fault (remember, they are a BIG company, lots of orders, and the people you are talking to didn't write the code that runs their system...:( )
No, I'm not angry at the people I contacted, they are doing what their are told.
And, yes, it's my fault I didn't put the third item in the shopping cart, but I contacted them 5 minutes later, just 5 $%#$^%# minutes. I got confirmation email about my order and that's how I realized the missing item.

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
... but I contacted them 5 minutes later, just 5 $%#$^%# minutes. I got confirmation email about my order and that's how I realized the missing item.

BTDT and paid the price!

I hear you, but I think their system locks an order as soon as it is made and obviously through hell or high water, changing it is next to impossible! :(

Bike
2008 ST1300
I did the same thing with a helmet order and an extra set of cheek pads; forgot to include the pads when I placed the main order. They did give me a $5 merchandise credit (it was my first time ordering through them), but couldn't amend the order.

It's frustrating, I agree (especially when you contact them almost instantaneously), but they're a good company in the grand scheme of things.

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
I have worked in the distribution business for many years once the customer service rep hits the send button on that order there isn't much they can do. It gets transmitted to the warehouse which may not even be in the same building or even the same state. But I get the frustration about the shipping.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
No, I'm not angry at the people I contacted, they are doing what their are told.
And, yes, it's my fault I didn't put the third item in the shopping cart, but I contacted them 5 minutes later, just 5 $%#$^%# minutes.
5 minutes is like a millennium to a digitized computer ordering system....

STOC #
5 minutes is like a millennium to a digitized computer ordering system....
Yup. That right there.
I've purchased from Partzilla a few times and always had reasonable experiences.
Sometimes a few things are back ordered, but not usually very long.
If I had any complaint, it would be that their micro-fiche system does not show thumbnails of each page breakdown like other parts houses do (www.babbittsonline.com for example).

pumper316

SaTx Speed Demon!
Bike
'04 ST1300A
I had the same experience with Partzilla today, and I understand it's not their fault. However, a little frustrating since I've ordered from there before and have always been able to make changes to my order if I contact them within a reasonable amount of time.

FYI, ProCaliber.com is much cheaper than Partzilla with free shipping over $100. My local dealership price matches internet prices (Partzilla or ProCaliber) and I usually get to pick them up within a week.

Top Bottom