Raven Down But OK

steve3b3

Retired
Bike
2018 GoldWing
Sorry to hear about the crash, but glad that she's doing okay.
Heal up!

Steve:04biker:

Styles

2000 Non-ABS
Bike
'00 ST1100
STOC #
Sorry to hear about this, Raven. Best wishes for your speedy recovery and return to riding.

Styles

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Dang! On top of all else!!

Linda, pass my number to Dace. Like Rod and Dana, I got all the gear and more than willing to be there as needed. No pressing issues at The CattHouse and more than willing to do a pick 'n haul.

928-530-2120.

(I even have an ol' 1100 she can use as needed. :D)

<edit> Was just trying to figure how I missed all this but now see first post was at 4:44 just as I was rolling down the hill to go vote. 5 pages in 5 hours shows just how involved this community is in helping our friends. Again, Derek would be proud.

OP
OP
STriders
STOC #
990/30
Dang! On top of all else!!

Linda, pass my number to Dace. Like Rod and Dana, I got all the gear and more than willing to be there as needed. No pressing issues at The CattHouse and more than willing to do a pick 'n haul.

928-530-2120.

(I even have an ol' 1100 she can use as needed. :D)

<edit> Was just trying to figure how I missed all this but now see first post was at 4:44 just as I was rolling down the hill to go vote. 5 pages in 5 hours shows just how involved this community is in helping our friends. Again, Derek would be proud.
Will do, George!

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
howdy folks -

thanks for all the good wishes.

I don't recommend a 70 mph get-off, that's for danged sure.

My low back hurts like the devil and my right elbow, left hand, and left foot are complaining, too. Now that the anti-inflamatory is kicking in it doesn't hurt quite as bad, but it hurts like the dickens for sure. Also incredibly nauseous but I think it's the adrenaline.

I have several pictures but here's the one we all want to see so....

Absolutely NO WARNING, no squishy feel, no odd handling, nothing. One minute it's running down the road, next instant totally locked up and fishtailing. Tried to steer along and slow down some. Also tried to point for the median instead of the ditch in the hopes that someone would be likely to see me. I believe I high-sided because I remember tumbling instead of sliding and trying to pull myself into as much of a ball as possible.

Jacket is shredded (First Gear). Fortunately, I did NOT take my riding over-pants off in Artesia when I got gas (I thought about it because it was warming up but decided that it'd be getting cooler with higher elevations). Pants have a few nicks in them (Motorboss).

I'm at the budget inn because they released me (although I'm not entirely sure that was a good idea because I about passed out walking out to the lobby).

Have some folks coming in tomorrow morning with a pick-up to haul the bike b/c I definitely want to document the tire.

Attachments

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
I'm totally bummed b/c I was halfway through my 22nd SS1K for the year (I'd set a personal goal to do 2 a month for this year). I sure hope I can pull it together to do the last three 'cause it'd be a shame to miss it now....

Bike
99 ST1100
Holy Cr*p! I'm just glad you're here to tell the tale. Good luck and get well soon!

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Holy Crap! doesn't begin to cover that. Dace, Avon has gotta stand up to this or they're out'a bidness. Keep us poSTed closely on that aspect.

Are we sure that tar was mounted in the correct direction? Check the arrow.

I'm running a new 160/70/17 on ReSTored, about my third one. Hate to see such happen.

You stay cool and call me without hesitation if you need ANYTHING! I can be where ever in just a few hours.

Have Truck Will Travel​

Pala... uh,

CattMando Kingman

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
Wow, does that tire look ugly. :eek:

I'm not sure I'll ever purchase a Storm again. When was the last time you had checked air pressure?

Lastly, I hope all of the hurts disappear quickly.

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
Checked pressure this morning.

Yes, it was mounted in the correct direction.

Yep, blows my mind but you can see it delaminated and just peeled back....

don't even know where to start with dealing with this.....

Bike
99 ST1100
You'd think the tire company would have some liability in this! Unfortunately they probably spend more on Attorneys than they do on Quality Control. I'm sure they've got so many disclaimers the only thing they actually gaurantee is that the tire will be black.

I'm just glad you're going to be okay!

don't even know where to start with dealing with this.....
Hire an attorney. May be able to get one who'll take it on a contingency basis so you only have to pay the attorney if you win damages.

Top Bottom