🤣 Funny!

Can't make this up
True story, my friend was preparing for his wedding and his brother-in-law-to-be told him to go ahead and marry his fantastic fiance, but to make sure that whenever the MIL visits to book tickets with a firm return date.. He told him that in he once bought an open ticket and had to ask the airline after 6 months to do him a favor.. The airline was very supportive and called him right back to let him know that the ticket was about to expire and the MIL had to take the return flight within the week... Go Delta !!
 
................. after 6 months to do him a favor.. The airline was very supportive and called him right back to let him know that the ticket was about to expire and the MIL had to take the return flight within the week... Go Delta !!

I think I'd be dead if my MIL stayed 6 months. I subscribe to an old adage attributed to Benjamin Franklin — “guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days”
 
I think I'd be dead if my MIL stayed 6 months. I subscribe to an old adage attributed to Benjamin Franklin — “guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days”

My MIL lived with us for 8 or 9 months, around 2007-2008.

She was a nice old lady, very tidy, and didn't really interfere with the way we ran the house and our lives.

But we reached a point where I had to declare certain topics off limits for conversation.
 
Jerome had to travel to Europe on business for a week. He lived alone with his cherished companion, Snowpuff, his cat. Since Snowpuff could not go with him, he enlisted his brother Floyd to care for her. He told Floyd that he would call him daily to make sure that Snowpuff was doing OK. Jerome left for Europe and the very next day called Floyd to inquire how Snowpuff was doing. Floyd said “Snowpuff is dead!”. Jerome was grief stricken and beside himself screaming at Floyd for being so thoughtlessly abrupt. He lectured Floyd to be more empathetic by breaking the news gradually. He said you could have started by saying that Snowpuff was up on the garage roof and we can’t get her down. Then when I call the next day, you could say that Snowpuff fell from the roof and broke a small bone in her neck. And finally when I called the third day you would tell me that she passed away painlessly in her sleep. Floyd was so sorry and apologized profusely. Jerome, sad, but accepted his brother’s apology, and continues the conversation asking Floyd how the family is doing?. There’s a short pause following which Floyd says, “well Grandma’s up on the garage roof and we can’t get her down.”
 
Back
Top Bottom