If I could respond to galdalf_thegreg's post, I'd say this:
Errrrrr, that's the flag of
Scotland actually. Whales don't have flags, as far as I know, and the flag of WALES looks nothing like the Cross of St. Andrew.
Wales (St. David)
Scotland (Cross of St. Andrew)
England (Cross of St. George) (which, I've been told by someone who ought to know, is as provocative and divisive in the UK as the Confederate battle flag is in the U.S.)
Ireland (Cross of St Patrick)
When combined the latter three form the Union Flag of the United Kingdom of England, Scotland, and Ireland, or the Union Jack. Wales gets lumped in with England because it was conquered and annexed in the 13th century and, at the time the Union Flag was designed, was considered to be part of England.
The flag of the Republic of Ireland looks like this:
and that of Northern Ireland (the part of Ireland that is included in the United Kingdom)
