'08 Wings - no change other than colors

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 RT
2024 Miles
There is a wildly unconfirmed rumor that I can't figure out what Honda is doing with model years and timing....The '07 ST shows in April, the '08 Wing in July? Both with no changes?

:nuts1:

Good good, they are making a red one. Arlene's prayer has been answered.

The wife said I should trade the ST for a wing last week. I countered that I'd have to buy two bikes to repace the ST and she said okay. I'm thinking 600 sportbike would make a good companion.

I think I read somewhere that the '08 Wing comes with a large coupon booklet for Dairy Queen.........just speculation though.

I stopped by Freedom Motorcycles, 45 miles south of Houston, Texas. All the Wings were gone - SOLD. There were 12 on the floor last month. The owner was talking to a guy, it took me a minute to detect he was a Honda factory rep. He was eager to show me the 2008 Wing specs (I did not know the specs were released a couple of days ago.) He told me the only changes were the colors and new maps for the Navi and a 3-4 hundred price increase. I forgot to ask if the "Unverified Route" annoyance has been fixed. Thank goodness they got rid of that metallic black in favor of a real black.

If you want ABS, you still have to get the CC/Navi package , then ABS, the ABS is $3,500 more than the base model. He did not seem to think that was all bad, they sell all produced. I commented he must not have read any internet boards. I told him my plans for a Wing are on the shelf, since the crippled Honda Navi (GPS) just soured the deal. For now, my ST1100 and Garmin 2720 still fit my needs.

He commented the 2008 ST1300, was still TOP SECRET, he would not know anything until September.

I thanked him for the information and saving me over $20,000.

The 09 Wing will be a V4 biodiesel with twin turbo's, fully boxed frame, and the largest load capacity of any bike in it's class. I hear it will be able to tow 20,000 lbs.

:crackup :crackup My SO thought this was real...LMAO :crackup :crackup :crackup

"repeat after me, o wha ta foo liam"

Back
Top Bottom