1/2 Cover or Full Cover when traveling

Rich R

GLMC-127 TS-671 IBA-37479
Bike
K1600 GTLE
STOC #
I am asking for opinions from the travelers out there.
I travel alot for work, and can use my bike :D
The only downside is I do end up in some industrial areas (not the best parts of town), last year I had no problems with any vandalism, but I always put the full cover on at night at the hotels and motels.....outa site, outa mind.........So I am thinking that a 1/2 cover would save me some room in the saddlebags, but it would leave just a little more of the bike exposed for the lookie loos.....

Thought's, and what you do on your trips would be welcomed!

Rich

Last edited:
Bike
ST1300 SOLD
STOC #
Use half cover at work, full cover when on the road, my full cover doesn't take up much room. Its an E-Z Tour and is small enough it can go in the tank bag.

Last edited:

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Half cover just about every place I go. If we're out of town, try to park in an area that's got good light and not out in the boondocks.

John

Viggo

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #
My half cover seems to have a permanent spot on the garage shelf. It doesn't really fit well even though it's made for the ST according to the tag on the bag. I have a cheapo full cover (bought at Menard's) that packs up pretty small so that's what I use.

STOC #
1/2 cover on the road, full cover in the garage. Use a lever lock and rear wheel lock while parked overnight. Found it to be a little big to take into hotel rooms with me.:bannana

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Tour King half cover. Great for keeping prying eyes off the scoot while in motel parking lots. Out of sight....

STOC #
My full is a rain proof, although dew will cause it to drop wated inside.
It takes up most of a saddle bag. I would like to have a half, but too cheap to buy one.
Thought I would ask the guy with one one his garage shelf to sell me his.
lol

BlaSTr

Miami ST
STOC #
Full cover here. It keeps the dew off the bike, vandal's eyes looking elsewhere, and when you ride the fastest black, clean and purdy. It also acts as a deflector for birds, acorns, and other natural trash. ymmv

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
I carry a half cover in case I park under a tree. Otherwise it stays in the saddlebag.

Top Bottom