2 newbie questions, one potentially hot button

Bike
2005 st1300
It's to getcher butt on the road, and don't dawdle around camp burning that daylight, when you could be munching miles.
What didja wanna see, anyways?
This vast great countryside, or the inside of yer eyelids? :rofl1:

EDIT: now, having said that, I WILL take the time to burn a cup of water for a coffee pour-over. I mean, hey -- let's be reasonable here.
I would have done this anyway. As my dad was fond of saying, "Come on son, we are burning daylight."

If you hang around the campsite and make or wait for breakfast you are 40 miles behind Fred and I.
Okay, thats what I thought. I have stayed at the Iron Horse a handful of times and usually eat breakfast there but have been thinkin Im wasting time always waiting for them. I am going to adopt this attitude.
I really did think that this would be your answer and was going to guess at this but then I thought after some drawn out guess, I was afraid you might say something like "it takes 40 miles to get the plumbing working and then youd have to stop again :nuts: " or something like that...:rofl1:

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
I really did think that this would be your answer and was going to guess at this but then I thought after some drawn out guess, I was afraid you might say something like "it takes 40 miles to get the plumbing working and then youd have to stop again :nuts: " or something like that...:rofl1:
It sure doesn't take that long for my plumbing to wake up in the morning. :rolleyes:

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Okay, thats what I thought. I have stayed at the Iron Horse a handful of times and usually eat breakfast there but have been thinkin Im wasting time always waiting for them. I am going to adopt this attitude.
These days sometimes the plumbing says stop after 40 miles and drain John Wayne.

The last few years if I am staying in the same campground a few days I'll buy a bag of bagels, a few OJs, and some peanut butter and that carries me until a break or lunch time so the '40 miles to a breakfast stop' is not literal but the idea is to get going early. I've always been an early riser so it's never an issue. The exception to hanging around as late as 8 or 9 is meeting at Clyde's for Phil's group ride at the Blue Ridge Gathering. Even if I don't do the group ride I eat with the gang. Can't wait for post Covid events like BRG to return so let's do our part and get our shots!

Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
For wild animals the best fire arm is real fire on the arm. Critters do not know what a gun is until you pull the trigger.
A long time ago I went back packing in Alaska. I was packing a 44 mag. A local gave me a road flare to carry...
Holding a burning smoking road flare will make a grizzly bear or very hungry mountain lion go the other way quickly.
You can cut the road flare in half to make it easier to carry. There are some shorter ones now available.
And you do not need a permit to carry it.....:rofl1:

Top Bottom