@^$%&!~ 2010 Tip-Over...

Cheddarhead

Smell the Dairy Air!
Bike
2003 ST1300...the "O
STOC #
!$#%$&*(*#%@

Bought myself a lift table from Harbor Freight just berfore Christmas...and had the ST parked on it from that time through to this past Saturday.

Spent the last 10 days in India...pained me greatly to be leaving just as spring was finally breaking out....so I was "most excited" to get home and fire up the ST after a long (long long) day of traveling.

Damned if I don't tip the 'cycle over just as I get it off of the center stand while trying to maneuver it off of the work table. D'oh! Adding injury to insult, I'm pretty sure that I broke my thumb in the process...guess I didn't surrender to the inevitable soon enough.

I'm now in the market for a new RH Mirror Cover, a RH Lower Cowl, and perhaps a RH Tipover Wing Cover...although I'm sorely tempted to leave the tipover wing cover as it.

The only 2 times this bike has been down have both been "zero speed" brainfarts....

On a happier note...she fired right up as soon as I got her upright and out of the garage...my factory-original battery (7 years...no tender or trickle charger used!) still had enough ummph left to turn it over and fire.

I put 150 miles on during the day yesterday. Thermostat (also original) hit 3 bars within a mile of the house, and never waivered throughout the day.

It's good to be riding again!

Time to strip the tupperware.

my friend, I have an extra tip over wing cover if you need it.....

installed some MCL hiway blades, so don't need my stock covers any longer

let me know

Ken Rogers

You fell off the side of the table?? Ouch.
I would consider the side extensions if I were you.

I feel your pain. It can happen at the strangest times. I recommend you change out that battery. Then, go ride. :)

Agreed. I'm just burning off the fuel that I'd "Stabil - ized" for the winter....then I'm going to do the 16K maintenance. I've got an air cleaner element...and just received the Iridium Plugs (thanks, Tim!) and I've also got a new thermostat (even though the one I have hasn't ever given any indication that it's fouled or failed) to go with the coolant flush / fill. Might as well get after the battery, as well. No sense tempting fate.

Fred had some nice extensions on his lift, and I think there was a post about extensions somewhere on the fourm; I think I'll need to build a set.

If you decide to replace the battery with an OEM Yuasa, check with Two Brothers. They had the best price I could find, shipping included. (And, it arrived the day after I ordered it. How they get stuff from Georgia to Kansas overnight is a mystery to me. Tim must take good care of the UPS guy.)

You fell off the side of the table?? Ouch.
I would consider the side extensions if I were you.

Fred had some nice extensions on his lift, and I think there was a post about extensions somewhere on the fourm; I think I'll need to build a set.

What are these "extensions" that you are referring-to? Are they stamped / fabricated metal accessories that HF sells....or something else?

I've seem photo's of some wooden platform extensions that folks have made to widen the area to allow you to mount / dismount the 'cycle on the lift...which I think are a very functional enhancement. Is there something else that you're referring to?

I will likely build up an extention for at least the LH side...allowing me to dismount safely and get the bike up on the center stand....but I'll have to engineer them to be able to be disassembled for storage between service intervals.

Ideas / photos would be welcomed...Thanks!

I was referring to the wooden extensions that several members have constructed. They're wide enough to allow you to put a foot down, but are easily moved to allow you to get closer to the bike when it's up on the lift.

I think that the Harbor Freignt extensions are attached to the lift, to allow it to be used for ATVs.

Top Bottom