Price
Current Mileage
Current Location
Saint Johns, FL
ABS
Yes - ABS Equipped
Bike
2012 ST1300A
Great, clean, low mileage bike. It has always been stored in a garage. Never crashed. Never dropped. Never had any issues with it. Newer Dunlop Roadsmart IV tires installed in 2023 with around 700 miles on them.

Other features: installed T-Rex Luggage Guards.

Comes with fully updated service manual.

$7495 cash or certified check.

PXL_20240310_200032294.jpg
PXL_20240310_200212904.jpgPXL_20240310_200225339.MP.jpgPXL_20240310_200257895.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20240310_195352317.jpg
    PXL_20240310_195352317.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 38
  • PXL_20240310_200023634.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240310_200023634.MP.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 39
  • PXL_20240310_200043310.jpg
    PXL_20240310_200043310.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 41
Sweet bike, it's even black! Wish it was closer.....kinda interested, would have to fly down or figure out something.
Also, haven't bought a bike from out of state since around 2004.

Last edited:
Sweet bike, it's even black! Wish it was closer.....kinda interested, would have to fly down or figure out something.
Also, haven't bought a bike from out of state since around 2004.
I think EVERYone should do a fly 'n ride, at least once every 20 years.
Sounds like this is your year, and SouthWest has cheap one- way fares.

Yes everybody should do a least one fly and ride in their moto career. Did mine in the summer of 2015 from Denver to Seattle. Picked up a almost new V-Strom 650 then rode over the Cascade mountains to Spokane to attend WeSTOC XX.. After that spent two weeks riding back to Colorado via California and the PCH 1 to visit my Mom in Monterey California. Also stopped in Vegas to loose a few Dollars.

Attachments

• SAM_5388.JPG
    SAM_5388.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 17
  • SAM_5395.JPG
    SAM_5395.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 15
  • SAM_5402.JPG
    SAM_5402.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 17
  • SAM_5366.JPG
    SAM_5366.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I have done a couple fly n rides where I rented the bike... a Valkyrie in Phoenix and a VFR in San Francisco... good times.
This would be my first to purchase a bike though..

I've done 3 FnR's now - not bragging at all, but I prefer to buy used bikes - and each time I've had several emails, and phone calls, and 2 of the 3 included spending the night at the seller's place.
Now, one of those 2 sleepovers also was at RawHyde, and I had classes included so there's a bunkhouse for that.

Still, with proper communications, transparency and patience on the part of the seller answering all my questions, every one has been a joy, as well as a reason (of necessity) for a long, scenic ride home on a "new" bike.

I carried or wore all my gear on the plane, as my luck would have the airlines losing my stuff if I checked it, and leaving me with an extended and unwelcome stay.

That's a thought about moving gear on the plane.....could I get away now adays with carrying on a bag with my gear? Will they let me carry on my helmet? Jeez I haven't flown anywhere in years.

BTW, I do have that bike on the brain.....one shoulder has the little devil whispering in my ear...." you know you want it." The other shoulder has the angel with the severe cheap gene, whispering...."hey, stop it, don't spend the money, fix the bikes you got!"
Life is pretty weird when your an anal OCD tightwad....

Last edited:
Still, with proper communications, transparency and patience on the part of the seller answering all my questions, every one has been a joy, as well as a reason (of necessity) for a long, scenic ride home on a "new" bike.
I went back and forth with a fella on the west coast a few years ago on an R1200RT that seemed (almost) too good to be true. He was being straight but I was hesitant.
Finally, his wife called me on a Thursday evening and asked why I wasn't biting...I told her I was a bit concerned as I'd never done a fly and ride, it was 2500 miles on an unknown-to-me bike, etc. She finally said that if it wasn't exactly as described after I'd test ridden it for an afternoon, she'd pay to fly me home. I landed on Tuesday and rode it back to IL, sadly had to detour for some forest fires but it was a great trip and I rode it for 3 years before selling it for nearly my original purchase amount. For the right bike, I'd do it again in a minute.

For the right bike, I'd do it again in a minute.
...AND the right seller.
I've become a decent judge of people, but then again some of it is just good fortune.
Someone once said, "Buy the seller before you buy the bike."

EDIT: sounds like you found a motivated seller, too. Always the best kind.

Last edited:
That's a thought about moving gear on the plane.....could I get away now adays with carrying on a bag with my gear? Will they let me carry on my helmet? Jeez I haven't flown anywhere in years.
Wear your boots and riding gear (easier in the summer), put your helmet in a helmet bag, and take a small backpack for the bare necessities.

You may be uncomfortable, but you won't have to worry over lost baggage you've checked.

On my first fly and ride (for a F650GS Dakar), I ordered a center stand and had it shipped to the seller, but I made the mistake of trying to carry on a brand new 17mm (?) combination wrench for the rear axle nut to adjust the chain.

Seems I paid about $30 for it, new and I never used it. TSA took it from me, and I asked the dweeb, "What, you think I'm going to start dismantling the plane in flight?"

He just smiled and said I couldn't take. When I told him, "Enjoy your new wrench, ya jerk", he just grinned.

I'll never forget that.

I inadvertently left a wrench in a tank bag that I happened to use as personal carry on item.
TSA guy said it was over the length limit. He then hesitated a bit, maybe because I had that loosing my baby look, he looked sorry for me then put it back in the bag.

That's a thought about moving gear on the plane.....could I get away now adays with carrying on a bag with my gear?
Ship anything that you want to the sellers address before you go. Send it far enough in advance to confirm that it has arrived before you head there. Takes care of worrying about anything that won't get past security and get confiscated as well lets you have as much stuff as you want.
"What, you think I'm going to start dismantling the plane in flight?"
All thanks to the dickheads who keep attempting to threaten air travel. Anything that can possibly be used as a weapon is suspect now regardless of what its intended purpose is. A 17mm wrench was not designed to be a weapon, but if I rang it off of the top of your head no one would be able to convince you of that, after you regained consciousness of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom