OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Spleaking of bash plate, what kind is it?? And where the heck is the STOC sticker??????

The new seat changed my riding position.. I got some 1" risers and it fixed everything...

Don't forget you don't have that many amps to play with on the Wee so you have to be creative... I'm going to get a relay for one headlite which will buy me some watts..

mitch
Adventure Motostuff makes it.
http://www.amotostuff.com/category/dl650_12_body_wind.html

I don't plan on running extra lights other than the adv monster leds for high beams only. I do plan on a heated jacket and gloves but that's it, the rest is small usage stuff, gps, CB.

scootac

Will Ride for Food
Nice big Pelicans,,, just the way I want it!
Top box doesn't fit with the skid plate look though....needs a yellow Pelican up top!:D
Then just park it for a few years!

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Nice big Pelicans,,, just the way I want it!
Top box doesn't fit with the skid plate look though....needs a yellow Pelican up top!:D
Then just park it for a few years!
LOL.. you have your plane ticket already...LOL

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Plane ticket????:crackup

I've got 2 thumbs,,,, won't that work???
LOL.. I'll let ya know in a couple years but the more I ride this one - which is just a little - the more I can see it staying for a long time. You never know, I probably said the same thing about the Tenere.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
The wing is the only bike I've ever had that I could ride off the showroom floor and do a 1000 miles comfortably... all other bike have needed a shield, seat or risers or some combination of those.
I was just curious. In the forums it seems windshields and suspension mods are popular on the Wee and since it has been around for 10 years there is a huge aftermarket for these and other items.

STOC #
I find my 2012 wee adventure needs little farkling to make it "fit". The stock MRA type windscreen gives me a quiet pocket of air around my helmet. The suspension works fine for me the way it is..Nice planted feel. Maybe cause it's lighter?? YMMV.
Now my ST I put on Vstream windscreens and a Full Racetech suspension. I don't need this on the Wee.. Just a comfy seat, GPS, good luggage, some electrical farkles and tunes.
Then again that's me.. I never rode an older Wee so I can't compare..

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
What is the suspension travel on the Wee? I can't find it listed on Suzuki's web site.
Mike

Bike
2006 ST1300
The wing is the only bike I've ever had that I could ride off the showroom floor and do a 1000 miles comfortably... all other bike have needed a shield, seat or risers or some combination of those.
Before spending good money on a seat that you may or may not like, run down to WalMart and pick up one of the ATV seat pads. Around $18, and even after trying a few expensive seats on my KLR, that was the most comfortable solution. I did 1200 miles in around 28 hours with it...well worth trying. They are pretty popular for adventure bikes, and I've even seen a few on STs.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Before spending good money on a seat that you may or may not like, run down to WalMart and pick up one of the ATV seat pads. Around $18, and even after trying a few expensive seats on my KLR, that was the most comfortable solution. I did 1200 miles in around 28 hours with it...well worth trying. They are pretty popular for adventure bikes, and I've even seen a few on STs.
Yeah, I've seen chuck use one and it's worth trying. So far, on short trips, the stock one isn't bad it's actually got some of the thickest foam that I've ever had on a seat. Some just insert their own gel pad in there too.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Wow, I am behind the times on keeping up on this forum. Nice ride Joe! Just out of curiosity(sp), did you give the Versys a test ride? If so what were your thoughts of it compared to the Wee and NC?

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Wow, I am behind the times on keeping up on this forum. Nice ride Joe! Just out of curiosity(sp), did you give the Versys a test ride? If so what were your thoughts of it compared to the Wee and NC?
No sir, I did not. I looked around and couldn't find one to test at a dealership which is funny since there's a kaw dealer closer to me than any other but they are a small shop. I did lots of online research of the 3 bikes actually... one test ride on the NC and it just wasn't for me. No offense to any NC owners out there, it just didn't speak to me.. the same test ride on the Wee and I was hooked... I actually went in NOT wanting to like the bike but I did and made a decision quickly after that. Had a versys been available when I was out looking then I may have ended up with one of those..

Bike
09BMW1200GS
HEY, JOE I have a 2012 650A and have been looking at a few parts on this site Murph's Kits not much there but good price on lowering links and center stands hope that will help empty your pockets.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
HEY, JOE I have a 2012 650A and have been looking at a few parts on this site Murph's Kits not much there but good price on lowering links and center stands hope that will help empty your pockets.
Too late... my pockets are empty and I even had to remove them from my pants.. LOL

I ended up with a centerstand from Twisted Throttle aka SWMotech. It was pretty easy to install although the side stand bolts were a bear to loosen..

Bike
2013 650 vSTrom
STOC #
Hey Joe, don't just think you can remove the front fender for any reason. Read the troubles some encounter on the Stromtroopers fourm :banghead:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Top Bottom