2014 Honda CTX1300

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
Don't forget that unfaired, engine heat becomes a whole different ballgame.

--Mark
My ST was hot while in motion, the HD is hot when stopped. Both my legs are very close to the heads and the back cylinder exhaust pipe is just inside my right knee. My right knee actually gets hot from the air filter occasionally.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Re: Honda CTX 1300

UGLY! :puk1:

Why did they have to destroy the ST1300 V4 in such a manner? :well1:

On the bright side, any that want an exposed V4 engine for their projects, these are black and may look better than the current ST1300 motors! :D

Last edited:

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
The bike does not appear photoshopped, other than possibly the Honda roundel on the tank, the front sidemarker, and some glare spots. The background mural appears modified, plus some other miscellaneous touch-ups.. See these FotoForensics analyses:
http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=6721bac3873b9fb7b2533b358722b1d769166c82.121892
http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=bc4e4940c8d2525628524c1dd97fc576b7050ef6.105688

Adding; Something that catches my attention is the new hose between the drivers foot and the engine case, and some of the other miscellany seen on the lower areas of the engine.

Last edited:

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
It appears to me to be half cruiser and half sport bike but took the worse of both worlds to use. The forks are raked out like a cruiser. The gas tank and fairing are too long and low for me. Maybe a box on back or a wind shield would counter balance it and it would look OK.

Another Honda bike I have no interest in riding.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Too good to not be a real Honda. If anyone 'shopped that pic, they did a great job.

Blend of DN01, CTX700, and F6B. But those pics are of a real bike. Maybe just a design study? (Remember, the original Gold Wing mule was the real thing with a 6-cylinder motor, back in the early 70s. Honda has the buck$ to do anything they want.)

RONST1300

STOC # 8616
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
It fits in with the Japan craze for HD. I and others will be out, without a large windshield. It will make my ST worth more money if the ST is discontinued.
Ron

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
I'll be interested to see if they did anything with the FI system.

I'm not turned of at all by the looks. My first impression of the CTX700 wasn't all that favorable but when I saw one in person for the first time I thought that it looked a lot better in person than in pictures...

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
My first impression of the CTX700 wasn't all that favorable but when I saw one in person for the first time I thought that it looked a lot better in person than in pictures...
I agree completely..thought it was a weird looking beast until I saw one up close and my Wife promptly bought it! It grows on you (some might say like a fungus) but it is a nice machine....not a rocket but can cruise effortlessly at 120kms plus and is light weight. She ordered the high windshield but other than that is pleased with the bike. She has a Shadow 750 which she put 60000kms on but found it a bit heavy and needed more snap, bought a CBF 1000 which had all kinds of snap but didnt like the riding position (6000kms) and bought the CTX and feels it has the best of both....good riding position, light and has some snap.

Back to the CTX 1300......................each to his own but sometimes the pictures dont do it justice.

Cheers

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
I think the three biggest styling problems with that bike are the short screen, pullback bars, and the ugly mufflers.

The short screen says "I wanna be a Harley!" The pullbacks say... "Whiskey Tango...!" Echoed by the ugly mufflers.

Honda seems determined to win the Ugliest Exhaust award. I thought the ST's mufflers were ugly! At least when I look at them now I can say "It could have been worse". A cruiser isn't meant to look sleek and refined but could they have made the mufflers look any more ungainly and uglier?

I really like chrome headers and miss the days when Honda spent money on them and they were double lined. No yellow-blue pipes. Some subtle chrome touches would be nice.

That bike might look a lot better without fairing at all. From what I can see the tank looks a little retro and I like that.

Honda's going after the/a cruiser segment and it may be that they're giving up on sport-touring. <sigh>
As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally I like the looks. I agree the windshield is too short but for me the position of the handlebars appear to be about right. I can take or leave the mufflers. I would want a bigger windshield, at least 5 - 6 gallon gas tank and a center stand. Other than that I think the idea of a baby Goldwing is a good one for those of us that like the power of a 1300 V-4 but not the lean over sitting position. I don't see anything that says "I wanna be a Harley"! Just saying.

I wonder how Honda will tune the motor. More torque and less top? Matched with a 6-speed? Better fuel economy? The ST13 v4 is about as un-cruiser-like as they come.

Last edited:
Bike
2006 ST1300
Don't forget that unfaired, engine heat becomes a whole different ballgame.

--Mark
Also consider that most ST riders wear full gear (including overpants or riding suit) but those this would be aimed at will be in jeans or even shorts. Ouch!

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk 2

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
It may not be our cup of tea but probably will attract the younger buyers.

Lets face it, that's the best looking presentation of the ST motor I've ever seen.. not all covered up by plastic and it actually looks good. Valve checks/adjustments should also be much easier.

Now, add some lower side plastics, higher shield and you pretty much have a redesigned ST... kinda along the lines of what they did with the newer wings so not a full blown redesign but maybe a stepping stone.

Hey, they are doing something.... which may seem like they are ignoring US but they are doing something so they haven't given up and sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet.

Top Bottom