RTC 2022/03/09-12, FL, Daytona Bike Week, Holiday Travel Park Bunnell

TPadden

Tom Padden
Anyone interested in a Bike Week RTC? As long as those are not RanchSToc dates... :cool:

If you need a place to trailer to, my house will work. :thumb:

Tom

^^^^^^^^^^
no reservation, plenty of room; $22 per person a night.

Last edited:
Bike
2004 ST1300
Might be a last minute change. Border has to open. Need to tell work I'm not coming in for awhile. Truck with enclosed trailer needed.

PhotoDoctor

Tampa Mike
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100/ST1300/Norton
Here is a link to the Daytona 200 motorcycle club you might have to copy and paste. I've camped here several times for Bike week or October fest.

(I seldom go to bike week anymore as it's a wee bit of a crowd - but if If I am in Florida maybe I'll join in)

Bike
2021 KTM 890 Adventu
Here is a link to the Daytona 200 motorcycle club you might have to copy and paste. I've camped here several times for Bike week or October fest.

(I seldom go to bike week anymore as it's a wee bit of a crowd - but if If I am in Florida maybe I'll join in)

I've camped at the Daytona 200 Club. It is 4 miles west of the speedway. They make you feel welcomed. There is a club house with hot showers, pool table, kitchen etc. Nice fire pit hang out. You need to reserve a spot. You can also rent a tent and air mattress for a small fee. Pancakes for breakfast.

OP
OP
TPadden

TPadden

Tom Padden
I appreciate camping info; but would appreciate it more if replies indicate whether anyone actually intends to camp there this year. :oops:

I've camped at Daytona 5 or 10 times...:cool:

Tom

OP
OP
TPadden

TPadden

Tom Padden
Bout 10 days out. Weather looks like highs in mid 80's, lows mid 60's. Sunny, some clouds, slight chance of rain. Typical Florida ... snow birds, out of state plates, all over the place. :cool:

Gotta love it: Rossmeyer's Harley Destination Daytona not only offers bars, restaurants, concerts, and stunt shows - but also concealed carry classes...:rofl1:

Tom

Sharpes, Florida , formally, Nevada City, CA
Bike
GL1800, ST1300
STOC #
I am sorry to say I'm not going to be able to make this. I had to have surgery on my left shoulder to repair a torn rotator cuff. My arm will be in a sling for the next month. If you are in my area, perhaps we can meet somewhere for a beer or you can stop by the house for a visit.

Bike
2012 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
Small world... my mother and father are buried in the Brevard Memorial cemetery and I grew up in Merritt Island. Curious what
landed you there in Sharps? There is a nice new VA Cemetery there as well. I was thinking of getting on that job but didn't pull
the trigger... I understand the escaping california its in my future as well I pray...

Sharpes, Florida , formally, Nevada City, CA
Bike
GL1800, ST1300
STOC #
Small world... my mother and father are buried in the Brevard Memorial cemetery and I grew up in Merritt Island. Curious what
landed you there in Sharps? There is a nice new VA Cemetery there as well. I was thinking of getting on that job but didn't pull
the trigger... I understand that escaping California is in my future as well I pray...
I lived in south Florida for 11years (Jupiter) in the mid-80s and 90s and liked it down here, but my youngest son lived in northern California. The company I was with at the time offered me a transfer back to ca in late 96, so I took it. I lived there for another 22 years. when I retired, I started another career as a realtor. I did that for more than a decade. in 2017, my son was fed up with ca taxes and politics and purchased a house in Rockledge, sold his house in Tracy at a great profit, and moved here. I had always wanted to come back to fl, so I took advantage of the situation and was able to buy a house here for minimal bucks as compared to California prices. My son and family recently sold his place in Rockledge and bought a place on a canal in cocoa beach.

OP
OP
TPadden

TPadden

Tom Padden
I am sorry to say I'm not going to be able to make this.
Sorry to hear, even though I don’t seem to be able to generate any riding/camping interest here, I was able to bribe a couple BMW riders from Raleigh NC, with beer to camp. I’ll try to let you know about any drinking/eating plans but that’s usually done on the fly in Daytona. Good luck with the recovery and I’m sure we’ll get together soon. :thumb:

Tom

Last edited:
Top Bottom