2022 KLR Adventure

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
I owned a 2008 KLR for some years. Highly modified it with a 685 kit, cam timing changes, airbox mods and jetting and a Leo Vince exhaust, doohickey of course. I revalved the forks and put better springs in it, had a better rear shock as well. I rode it all over the US. I took a couple of 4K miles rides on it. It was a great bike with those mods done and a capable long distance bike for a big single. The 685 kit transformed the beast, much smoother running due to the lighter piston and a good dose of torque and HP for the highway.
IMG_1822.JPG

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I owned 4 KLR’s, and even got to ride one of the military diesel conversion models.
That one, I would own, if it didn’t cost about $20k.
Some company near Victorville or apple valley California produces them for a while, don’t know if they still do or not.
As far as the doohickey is concerned, I never changed one in any of my bikes, and never had any issues.
It’s just my opinion that the folks who had issues never services their bikes correctly (see comment in post 10)
Every oil change, I inspected and adjusted, and life was good.
My thoughts are folks who just used them as a turn key ride and didn’t do this had issues.
My last one went from San Jose to Daytona beach and the only issues were a broken chain (cheap OEM one) and the side stand switch which I bypassed.
Heavy pig, capable bike for travel.

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
I did a 1,008 mile saddle sore from Ferrystoc to NM home ride on mine once and my rear still hurts when I ride....They are rugged bikes but tractor kind of rugged. I ran it wide open throttle all day down I40 and 75 to 80 was all it had but it did go all day.

Top Bottom