350,000 on the Black Pearl

wbgva_roadkill

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW K1600GTL
That's spectacular Raymond, both the miles on the bike and the miles you've ridden. I'm glad to have met you in Marietta back in August as you were making your way to MN-STOC.

treemuncher

Vegetation Terrorist
Bike
'07 ST1300A
STOC #
When you're ready, stop by the shop for another oil change. :thumb:
If you give a heads up, there is always a free camping spot here for you. Della might even cook for you. :pie1:

I rolled over to 350,000 on my last trip down state. Mellow says the latest software doesn't turn the award request post into a thread anymore so here's my humble-brag thread. 2006 ST1300 bought new by me on May 23rd 2009 as a "leftover" new bike for $10,500. I added an Audiovox cruise control, a GPS, a radar detector, the Honda trunk and a Russell Daylong seat shortly after. Not much else in options.

Lots of gas oil and tires later and she still looks and purrs like the day it was new. I've had a great time riding to lots of locations across the US and Canada. I've met so many great people at STOC events, RTE's and RTC's and just riding. I'm lucky to have been able to ride so much and met so many fine people while riding this great machine Honda made.

I'll have to add a couple bits of info in here. I love to travel! I took my first "bike trip" at age 13 when my parents allowed me to ride alone on my Schwinn bicycle 41 miles of Kansas rural country highways to my Grandparents house. I stayed a week and rode back home.

The Black Pearl has been to 49 states, DC, 6 Canadian provinces and 1 Mexican state (so far). I've rode to Alaska twice, as far north as Fairbanks twice and the Arctic Circle once.
350,000 miles is 14 times around the world at the Equator.
Moved 184 tags in the STowners Tag game in every state and most of Canada. (The Oahu HI tag was on a 50cc rental!!)
I changed the oil at 440 miles, used GN4, and Rotella T6 at 2,000 miles. I've changed the oil at all 10,000 mile intervals with nothing but Rotella T6 oil. Usually 15W40 oil. So 37 oil changes.
I use Walmart ST or (currently called SuperTech 6607) oil filters. My ST uses a measured 9 oz. of oil between 10,000 mile changes now days to keep the level mid-line.
99.99% of the gas has been 87 octane.
One single K&N air filter since around 30,000? miles. Cleaned and re-oiled at looong intervals (up to 80,000?).
Car tire on back since 61,880 miles (288,000 miles).
Double Darkside or a rear tire on my front wheel since 120,000 miles.
It seems I spend more money on brake pads now than I do on tires as the front pads average less than 25,000 miles and cost over $120!
44 MPG average per the fuel MPG long term average meter which I try to reset once a year or once a long trip. So 7955 gallons of gas.
The bike has never been inside a dealership, all maintenance and all tire changes done by myself.

I hope to see all again soon. The Black Pearl gets a new rear tire an oil change, and a full tank of gas next week so I'm not getting rid of it for a while yet.

Raymond
p.s. See how great she still looks from 25 feet!

8B717B8D-2F94-4A1D-89F0-8FD60110DE1B.jpeg
I rolled over to 350,000 on my last trip down state. Mellow says the latest software doesn't turn the award request post into a thread anymore so here's my humble-brag thread. 2006 ST1300 bought new by me on May 23rd 2009 as a "leftover" new bike for $10,500. I added an Audiovox cruise control, a GPS, a radar detector, the Honda trunk and a Russell Daylong seat shortly after. Not much else in options.

Lots of gas oil and tires later and she still looks and purrs like the day it was new. I've had a great time riding to lots of locations across the US and Canada. I've met so many great people at STOC events, RTE's and RTC's and just riding. I'm lucky to have been able to ride so much and met so many fine people while riding this great machine Honda made.

I'll have to add a couple bits of info in here. I love to travel! I took my first "bike trip" at age 13 when my parents allowed me to ride alone on my Schwinn bicycle 41 miles of Kansas rural country highways to my Grandparents house. I stayed a week and rode back home.

The Black Pearl has been to 49 states, DC, 6 Canadian provinces and 1 Mexican state (so far). I've rode to Alaska twice, as far north as Fairbanks twice and the Arctic Circle once.
350,000 miles is 14 times around the world at the Equator.
Moved 184 tags in the STowners Tag game in every state and most of Canada. (The Oahu HI tag was on a 50cc rental!!)
I changed the oil at 440 miles, used GN4, and Rotella T6 at 2,000 miles. I've changed the oil at all 10,000 mile intervals with nothing but Rotella T6 oil. Usually 15W40 oil. So 37 oil changes.
I use Walmart ST or (currently called SuperTech 6607) oil filters. My ST uses a measured 9 oz. of oil between 10,000 mile changes now days to keep the level mid-line.
99.99% of the gas has been 87 octane.
One single K&N air filter since around 30,000? miles. Cleaned and re-oiled at looong intervals (up to 80,000?).
Car tire on back since 61,880 miles (288,000 miles).
Double Darkside or a rear tire on my front wheel since 120,000 miles.
It seems I spend more money on brake pads now than I do on tires as the front pads average less than 25,000 miles and cost over $120!
44 MPG average per the fuel MPG long term average meter which I try to reset once a year or once a long trip. So 7955 gallons of gas.
The bike has never been inside a dealership, all maintenance and all tire changes done by myself.

I hope to see all again soon. The Black Pearl gets a new rear tire an oil change, and a full tank of gas next week so I'm not getting rid of it for a while yet.

Raymond
p.s. See how great she still looks from 25 feet!

8B717B8D-2F94-4A1D-89F0-8FD60110DE1B.jpeg
thanks a lot for your post ! I’ve recently purchased an 04 ST with about 55k miles , bike has been seating for years the previous owner is my friend and I know the bike has been serviced exclusively at the dealer ….so far replaced battery ( of course) fuel pump and filter , oil and filter cleaned and treated both tanks and she’s already purring like a kitten , next thing are all the fluids and tires…… Really appreciate your words of encouragement, now I believe this bike WILL outlive me .
PS: Apologize for my English and hope I made sense . Ride on brother .

Very impressive, not only that amount of miles on one motorcycle, but that amount of miles on a motorcycle since 2009.

Here is your next challenge- keep going until you have amassed the highest mileage on any ST1300 worldwide, or any ST1100 or ST1300. I don't know how it could be ascertained what that number is, but I will bet that you are not that far from achieving it already.

Good for you, keep on riding!
My bet is if we are talking about one rider on one bike, he has most likely already surpassed any other contenders!

Bike
2009 ST1300
what would you like to have for it

hey, you're only in Florida, why don't you swing by and let's have a look, I'm in Coquitlam. In all seriousness yeah, I would buy it, it's an icon.

and it's got providance; can't spell it right but it's a big deal.

I think it will wind down to where you'll want the motorcycle to go; where you would like it to be displayed and appreciated; it really is a big deal I'm not joking around which is what I do most of the time

... would you take 3 and a V Star with only 6K? alright; I'm an ____ , think of how good you're gonna look on that pristine cruiser

I'll drive it to Florida

never hurts [much] to ask

do you like cars?

Attachments

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Pretty incredible if that's miles not kilometers.
There is a guy in Canada named Thane who hit 500,000 KM (310,000 miles) on his ST1100 about 15 years ago. If he is still riding it, I'd be curious to see what the mileage is now. He has a member profile on this forum but it seems to be disabled.

There is a member here (@Sportourer) who had 350, 000 miles (563,000 KM) on an ST1100, also about ten years ago. I wonder what he is at now.
Impressive mileage for sure.

I want to see W0QNX go all the way and take the all time title for ST1100 or ST1300 mileage. Keep riding Raymond!

Last edited:
My other bikes include a Valkyrie (go figure). One guy in our club just turned 725,000 on his Valkyrie. I'm only a half million miles behind him on mine. My 03 & 07 STs have 108,000 and 29,000 miles respectively. I've been thankful for decades that "they don't make them like they used to".

I have 225,000 miles on my 2005 ST. I wonder what the highest mileage is? And how to verify?

My other bikes include a Valkyrie (go figure). One guy in our club just turned 725,000 on his Valkyrie. I'm only a half million miles behind him on mine. My 03 & 07 STs have 108,000 and 29,000 miles respectively. I've been thankful for decades that "they don't make them like they used to".
What year is your Valkyrie? It must of been a good year?

Top Bottom