A Day in the Rain

Nice write up. I don't launch into the rain, but have been caught many times. An Aerostich is the best compromise between traditional gear, rain gear and ease of use. Aerostich makes integrated boot covers that can be added to any of their suits. Haven't got them yet but considering. Regarding the "leak in the crotch" complaint. This can be mitigated by making sure any "fold" at your waist is folded "down" and not "up" to catch water. I had a leak once, small, in a torrential thunderstorm. Since I started checking the "fold" I haven't had a problem. I dunno how some of you ride without heated gear. Heated gloves and jacket liner under the 'Stich once it drops below 50*F. Toasty. Why be cold at all? Boots? Ha, size 12EE are very hard to find. Most of the Euro boot companies only make narrow sizes. Tourmaster is the only company I have found that makes EE.

Nickwax wash and waterproofing for as long as I can remember for gear. As far as waterproof boots, Tourmaster Solution WP boots (2.0's... I think they have 3.0's out now). I've been wearing them for decades after my go to TCX boot (whatever brand they were before) prices went thru the roof! Have never had a problem with the TM's!

I had a pair of Vega I think, bought them at the turn of the century, for reasonable, maybe $80. Catastrophic failure up in Quebec City and had to buy on the spot, unmemorable brand and qualities. Sidi have never disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom