A kidney stone is stopiing me from riding....

Mine passed after a week..................day before scheduled surgery. I put the procedure on the calendar after the DOC told me it could take a month to pass. I still have more "Stalactites" waiting to drop. Dope is part of my travel kit now.

Dope is part of my travel kit also. I got stuck in Houston with one a few years ago with no pain pills. I went to a hospital emergency room the nurses and doctors of which immediately assumed I was a druggie going through withdrawals and left me in a room for two hours in excruciating pain, vomiting, the whole shooting match.

The pain subsided somewhat (as it will sometimes) before they even bothered to check for blood in the urine (a quick, easy test to see if you might have a stone).

Learned three lessons:
1) I never travel without pain pills.
2) I will henceforth always avoid Houston. I know other people may love the place, but even the word "Houston" leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
(or would it be on my keyboard).
3) If you are caught somewhere without pills, go to the most expensive, exclusive hospital in the most upscale neighborhood you can find. The medical practitioners are less likely to assume you are a druggie, and you insurance will cover most of the cost difference.

PJ .... they do get your attention! I went up to Alaska after my attack...but my kit was ready. I do not look forward to the next wave even with the pills!

Top Bottom