A Little Cross Country Run

Just landed back in the Holler - 6,700+ wonderful miles in 13 days. And now I have another road to look at - Highway 6 (I didn't know it went cross country) that runs from Bishop, Ca to somewhere in Massachusetts. I saw the sign that pointed to Mass just outside of Bishop. Hmm .... :D

Enjoyed the thread. I just returned from 6300 miles in 16 days. I felt like it was too much riding, but I had to get where I was going.

Also, I felt your pain re: crosswinds of New Mexico and (for me) Texas. Holy cow, was that frustrating. Maybe it was a coincidence, but I thought the placement of the wind farms was amazing. It was already blowing hard, but when I got to the first windmill, it actually started blowing HARDER!! This happened for several wind farms - maybe some kind of vortex situation going there.

Anyway - great trip and glad you avoided the Mustang squish!

Phil - sorry I missed this thread, would have invited you to stay since we're right on your route. Lemme know if you do that US6 run so we can get together.

We made it Phil
695bc3a3856cee0a1652d9485f7a1a40.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Dave - I bet you didn't have near the trouble I did on my 97 carbed ST1100! After about 8,000 feet, it was a first gear slow 'limp' to the top for me. Coming down was nice though! :D
Hi Phil, yes it was a good trip up to the top. So beautiful! Well worth the ride up!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Just read the whole thing Phil. Very excellent as usual. Google maps is also open so I can follow right along.
I'm always impressed with the details of which you are so observant, and take the time to document those sights with photos, instead of just zooming by everything as many of us frequently do.
When combined with your insightful prose, your reports are a pleasure. As well as a great record for yourself of your travels.

Back
Top Bottom