A road less traveled

So when do you ride up to the Biker Flop house...?? Lots of 110 volt up here....
T

The wife and I just finished a 3 night camping trip to Oregon and Washington. Left the RV and packed up the bikes. Now that I have my CPAP power issue squared away we will be doing more of this. Here are a few pictures from Hells Canyon, Idaho Right, Oregon left.
Did you sell your previous (dynamite!) travel trailer to a member here, or elsewhere?
Looked like a great setup, and fully self-contained.

Did you sell your previous (dynamite!) travel trailer to a member here, or elsewhere?
Looked like a great setup, and fully self-contained.

I sold it to a guy off the BMWMOA.org forum.He drove from Virginia to Denver to pick it up.

Okay more photos of Roads less travels. Unfortunately no MC's in the pictures, It was 111 degrees and it made more sense to take the jeep.

1st Pic Standing on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon
2nd Pic Heading from Jacob Lake toward Marble Canyon on Hwy 89A
3rd Pic Historic Navajo Bridge left and new 89A bridge right.
4th Pic looking north while standing in the middle of the historic Navajo Bridge

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 9.02.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 9.02.53 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 9.03.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 9.03.55 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 9.00.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 9.00.24 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 9.05.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 9.05.07 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
Another answer to the question of how to combine RV's and motorcycles - I have a Ford Transit van which, with most seats removed, but still retaining five, can easily carry either my VFR1200 or my CB1100. I tow a NuCamp Avia, which weighs about 5200 lbs, and is very well equipped. The 3.5 Ecoboost works well to handle the weight. This setup gives me the choice of going for groceries with either a bike, or the van if it's a rainy day. There's lots of storage space in both the trailer and the van. I can readily handle powering a bike into the van by myself, but although there's enough space for a second bike, I'd need assistance to push it in backwards.RV trailer.jpg

Last edited:
What about the use of an electric winch to pull the bike in? It does not need to be big just enough to move the bike. You could have a mounting plate on the floor of the van with key hole slots so the winch could be easily removed. And a long remote cord.

I don't know the specs on the van or trailer but I would ask the question. The two MC's must have a combined weight of 1100 plus pounds (500KG). So the question is what is the Gross Capacity Weight Rating (GCWR) of the Van? Does the weight of the van, MC's, the trailer and all gear and people exceed the limits of the GCWG. I have found that with all the looking and research I have done the GCWR is hard to find and that most folk significantly exceed the GCWR.

The GCWR is different than the GVWR, they are two completely different measures.

Last edited:
Well here is one more picture from a true road less traveled Carr Canyon Rd, Hereford, AZ. Photo is taken from Carr Canyon Waterfalls overlooking Sierra Vista & Hereford Arizona.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 9.11.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 9.11.31 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
small detail - GCWR is 'gross combined weight rating". I'll see if I can come up with a number...
Your winch idea would certainly do the job. In my case, one reliable Honda is quite enough!

Back
Top Bottom