All done Sunday, coffee & weather 10/04/2026

Obo

East Coast Canada
Joined
Oct 22, 2019
Messages
1,308
Location
East Coast Canada
Bike
24 GL1800DAP
Ukefest is, or almost is done. Flagging races is done. The Oslo trip should be almost done. The garage is almost done if the doors have come. Bob's fridge is done (for.) Paul's AC work is done. Martin's hostile work environment is done (unless he's getting on ze GF's nerves.) There's more, but I know you're all waiting for this: (produces the never-ending pot of fresh French Roast and a small can of Pepsi that's never empty (hey, they said only 1 day - not how big said can could be.......))

Weather wise it's a cool & frosty 5 under clear and sunny skies. Today's high will reach 17. Lots of orange and yellow leaves about, some one trees but quite a lot on the ground already. I assume by Halloween most will be bare.

On the Halloween front, we started decorating yesterday. I think it stemmed from when we were out and found an inflatable vampire in a coffin that was on sale. It's not waiting for porch deployment at our place. Christmas shopping has begun too......

Hope everyone has a great day.

Obo.
 
Morning Obo & All from a dark morning in Southern Utah!

I woke up before 6am and the mind hamsters are at it... maybe more sleep in a bit? And too early for that Pepsi, so I'll grab one later.

Currently it is 59F, heading for 86F. We got a heat wave working us. Later, the winds will be from the SW @ 9 to 12 mph.

The saga of the fridge continues. They want to pick it up and take to their shop to fix it and monitor it before bringing it back. He said we are looking at around $1,300. :cautious:

Today will consist of more Church Conference and getting ready for our SoCal trip.

Anyone :dr13:, have a great day on the roads! :hat3:
 
Good morning and thanks for the coffee, Obo.

Flagging is almost done at this track. We still need to finish the day.
It's looking good, though. The racers seem to have dialed things back a bit, after the crash-fest that last month was.

Today, it's 49 and sunny, rising to 64.

We'll finish this race event, go home to feed our cats, and eventually find dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant.

Enjoy your day,
Steve
 
Add to the things done, or the done things... yesterday's Annual Bluff Park Arts and Crafts Show.
Thanks for the FR, @Obo .
Threats of rain and they called it off. Never saw rain in all our riding around. Fortunately, those crafty folk that didn't get to set up will have their entry fee / exhibitor fees refunded.
I haven't been to this in countless years, and when I did last go, it was under duress from my new wife, but even she wasn't interested this year.
Kaiser and I showed up to one of the shuttle pickup / dropoff parking lots and waited 15 minutes before learning it was 86'ed.
So we rode to Home Despot and went in to return the unused crimpers, and spent 20 minutes chatting with two different ladies who were dog lovers, full of compliments for my GSD.
One asked if he is a service dog, noting the harness he wears for security in his trailer, and then wanted to see the trailer.
Back to the house, uneventful afternoon.
As I spied the on-bike thermometer, I was reminded of the locals - and many of you here -
Y'all be like, "I'm SO glad fall has finally come around again with the cooler weather!"
I saw the outside temp reading, and I be like, "Everyone keeps saying, 'Fall is here!', while I'm out riding my motorsickle and it's NINETY-SIX degrees!"
Pfffttt.
Rain likely today.
Enjoy it, you're welcome.
 
Thanks Keith for yesterdays brew and Obo for today's. 75 and lightly raining here, I think it will be a 50/50 day.
Fall is here but the leaves don't change and no one comes down the street at Halloween. My wife brought home two pumpkins but they are for a friends chickens.

Done is just short for do next project. The AC work was just a grain of sand on this beach I'm shoveling. I sound like a curmudgeon today
so I'll get back to gettin it done.

Stay safe!!
 
G'd evening everyone

Thanks for the coffee, @Obo .

It's cool and wet in Rockville, and I'm tired from an early start coupled with the drive home through poor weather. And a late lunch. And too much coffee.

I think it might be bedtime.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them. Do it today, NOW, for tomorrow may be too late.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Obo
Back
Top Bottom