Almost there... coffee and weather, Thursday 1 October

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Joined
Jan 8, 2015
Messages
812
Location
Rockville, MD, USA
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
Good morning everyone

The Cubano roast is ready to be enjoyed. Please drink it responsibly- use a cup or mug and don't drink it straight from the carafe or try pouring it in your cupped hand and drinking from that.

It's 62°F in Rockville with a thin layer of clouds that give the moon a diffused appearance but which don't conceal it altogether. Mostly sunny with a high of 85 or so is the prediction for later on.

Uke day today, plus online bridge this evening.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them. Do it today, NOW, for tomorrow may be too late.
 
Good morning, and thanks for the coffee, Keith.

It's 56, going to 79 in MA this morning. It's partly cloudy, now, but will cloud up more as the day progresses.

I made it to the gym, yesterday, then spent the day on and off tweaking the laptop to make it look like the other one.
I downloaded the Linux Mint OS and the verification keys, before heading to bed.
I'll go up to my computer room, later and get a larger memory stick, so I can put it all on that.
I think this PC had the BIOS modified to allow boot from USB, but I'll verify that.
It stopped being at the top of my list, once the Toshiba got running again.

Today, I'll be heading over to the track in Thompson for the Club track day.
Afterwards, I've got to pack for our trip North tomorrow for the last motorcycle road race school and races.

Enjoy your day,
Steve
 
Morning all, and thanks for the coffee, Keith.

7C and fog for part of today's ride to work in the dark. 20C and sun for the ride home they are saying.

October already, who'da thunk it. Well I guess it does follow September right?

As for today, it'll be a short work day as I have a dentist appointment just after lunch, and I'm taking the rest of the day off afterwards. I'm too good to myself sometimes. 😂

Hope you all have a great day too, especially if your home renovating (or paying someone else to.)

Obo.
 
Good morning, all. Thanks, Keith.

64/89 and sunny, but the big weather news is that we just set a record for number of days with no measurable rainfall. We’ve gone 36 days, which was the entire month of September, plus 5 days of August.

The average high temp for Sept was 94F, with only 2 days that we didn’t reach 90.

Well, let’s get the day started by a procedure at the hospital.

Ride safe
John
 
Thought I'd have "just another Thursday", but no.
Thanks for the coffee, Keith.
Got a call from the hamburger dispatch company last night, with a job in... Kennesaw GA.
No sleeping for me tonight. After work I'll pick up the needed parts at the Uhaul storage unit, put 'em in the trailer, and fill up the GSA.
OK, I'll admit it. The cruise control has me super spoiled for trips on the super slab.
Besides, even tho I want to preserve the tires, it's getting close to a month since it's been out.
I'll install my cruise on the ST once the GSA is sold.
I've enjoyed reuniting with the ST. What a great bike!
I'll probably have to fill up again before I make it home, because we're right at 300 miles round trip, so pulling the trailer with parts and tools will likely leave us running on fumes, even with the tanker-sized fuel capacity.
And no one I know (not even me) wants to run out of gas on the interstate at 4am.
Better check the weather for Atlanta, too.
I like the pay, but not the riding hundreds of miles through the night when I should be sleeping.
I'm anticipating Friday will be a long, long day.
If your Friday is a long day, I hope it's a good one.
Maybe I'll get home in time to start tomorrow's coffee thread.
And maybe I'll be too burnt.
At least my Mosko Moto can hold a tall coffee mug... but I hate drinking coffee through a straw.
I know what @Obo is thinking... "Take your CamelBak!"
While I hate drinking coffee through a plastic straw, sipping it through a rubber hose is worse.
Besides, coffee will permanently stain a water bladder. I'm guessing.
(Tried the green Gatorade in a CamelBak once while teaching MSF classes on the hot summer range. Now that bladder has a permanent green tint. It looks like used colostomy bag.)
Keep your colostomy bags out of sight, fellas.
Nobody wants to see that s***.
 
@Sadlsor toss a 1.3g Jerry can (or larger) of fuel in with the parts & tools in the trailer. You never know what'll happen at the wee hours.
On the surface, that sounds like a fine idea.
Problem is, I can't guarantee there will be no nascent or lingering gasoline smell in the trailer... German Shepherd noses operate at least 600 times more efficiently than human noses.
And even though it may be a stretch to consider me a "human", I don't want to contaminate Kaiser's moto-carriage.
It's carpeted inside.
If I had no dog, I would have no hesitation.
 
Morning all! Grey and potentially rainy here. 12C right now, 16C later.

Yesterday was a stat holiday here for Truth and Reconciliation Day, primarily to remember the horror of the Residential Schools system visited upon the indigenous peoples in Canada. Just an absolutely toxic sh!t show of program designed to specifically eradicate indigenous cultures and make them all "white". The stories are heartbreaking.

Working from home today as I have to escort the Residential CEO for various medical appointments this afternoon. The upside is one of my co-workers is lying at my feet keeping my toes warm.

Hope everyone has a great day!
 
Back
Top Bottom