Altenator problems solved.. the hard way.

Riding a 06 St1300 (non ABS)

So very long story and a different thread made short I have 2 altenators (stators, if your gonna force me to use that word) and a rectifyer as left over parts after getting my bike repaired. I bought a rectifyer hoping that it would be an "easy" fix. The bike was not charging. Rectifyer didn't help. So I bought a "tested good" altenator from a salvage yard in California. It did not work. So I broke down and bought the certified Honda 800 dollar alt and everything works just fine now.

While trying to find one I realize how few there are out there. I'm willing to sell these for 100 a piece. Between 2 altenators and a 3rd new rectifyer there is definitely a working part in there. If this tickles your fancy shoot me a message. You can't find a working altenator for this bike online for under 500.

I don't use stator because a stator is typically a fixed object that has a magnet that rotates around it and looks like iron man's heart. This is a 4 cyl V format engine with a whole altenator minus a pully that sits dead center of the engine, so I refuse to use the word stator for this part.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
So I bought a "tested good" altenator from a salvage yard in California
Sorry to hear that they scammed you on the alternator. I purchased a 2012 speed sensor from a California recycler,,, that was advertised as "tested/verified good". They lied,,, it wasn't good,,, and they could not have tested it. I paid extra for it,, precisely because they advertised it as tested. After installing it,,, and it failed to function, and then I tested it as per the fsm,,, and it failed that test. I wound up buying a 2006 sensor from a Texan recycler,,, for half as much, and it is still running fine. Aggravating,, but lesson learned that terms like tested and verified are often used by ebay'ers who don't even know how to test them,,, cheers,,, CAt'

Top Bottom