Alternator o ring backordered

Bike
road st 1100
Hi out there I started my 40 amp upgrade last week and my honda dealer says the o ring in between the alt. and mounting plate is back ordered until march 10 th. anyone out there have one thay don't need until the end of march. Gladley repay you tuesday for a hamberger today. part #91304-MAJ-G41 thanks. I have an old one that came on the used parts but would rather replace because of the effort involved. And thank if someone can help. scottman..

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
If the ring you have is pliable and still has a round cross section it should be fine. Measure it for roundness. I would expect it is flattened out pretty good tho and if that is the case, wait for a new one. I deal with o-rings in molds all the time so that is where my opinion comes from. The one you have would have to look pretty darned good before I would opt not to wait. YEMV

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Do you have an industrial jobber nearby? Fastenal might have them.

According to Bike Bandit, the o-ring is 2.4mm x 24mm. Found a 2.4mm x 23.3mm one available HERE.

**DISCLAIMER** I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH THIS WEB SITE, JUST FOUND IT VIA GOOGLE.

OP
OP
Bike
road st 1100
thanks for the info. looked it up also the bikebandet size is wrong its more like 80 mm id. Found one at a seal shop in salt lake. the guy just gave it to me.

Top Bottom