Aluma MCT Trailer

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
If I were going to go the trailer route again.

I think I would seriously consider the Aluma MCT.

it's pretty affordable at $1,500 given what you get.

mctindigoblue.jpg

mctpewter.jpg

Iowa Dealer Link

That trailer is getting pretty poplular with the Wing crowd. They set up at Wing Ding and do a pretty good business.

Hi Mellow, is this trailer long enough for the ST? Does the bike hit bottom when coming up the loading ramp? Thanks for the feedback. Cordially, Dave

This is not a trailer you drive the bike on... it's one you pull behind the bike.

Thanks Joe for the clarification. Cordially, Dave

My bad... I should know better than to put ebay links for information. The first post is updated with a dealer in Iowa that has been selling these for a few years.

Hi Mellow, What are your thoughts on removing the box and trying to haul a dirt bike, say weighing around 290 lbs with the ST? Would that be way out of the ball park in weight and wind drag? I know it's done with the wing but I feel it's too much for the ST. Thanks! Jac

Hi Mellow, What are your thoughts on removing the box and trying to haul a dirt bike, say weighing around 290 lbs with the ST? Would that be way out of the ball park in weight and wind drag? I know it's done with the wing but I feel it's too much for the ST. Thanks! Jac

Well, Honda doesn't recommend pulling a trailer with any bike they make...

That being said, I have see someone with a dirtbike on a trailer and pulling it with their ST1300. I don't know how big of a bike and I'm no expert.. I know I wouldn't try it.

I agree on the ALuma trailer, if I was buying new I would get that. I went so far as to meet several owners and show the wife, and I still may have one someday, but for now I am taking the cheaper route and adding a cargo box to a trailer I have.

Regarding pulling a dirt bike,,,, Thanks for your input Mellow, I felt the same way... I had someone plant the idea in my mind and that started the fantasies of going on a long trip , and taking both bikes without hauling them in a trailer. Local short trips you could get away with it (maybe) but I think it's too risky for long trips. Thanks again! Jac

Last edited:
Top Bottom